#105811  by Rusty the Scoob

I got that this morning too. I'm betting they aren't the same leftover "get them before they're gone, we aren't making more" batch that they were selling us before.

That's great to have two companies making these. I haven't tried the 2.0mm Telefunkens but the 1.6mm triangle ones that Edwin turned me onto are fantastic!
 #105818  by barefootdave

I bought some Telefunkens at the same time as emailing Ana to be on the list for this batch. Got the email this morning and ordered 3 dozen. With shipping and all, it came to about $55; a bargain for a virtual lifetime of picks. Been very happy w. the Telefunkens after taking a few days to get used to them, and they did take a bit of getting used to. Before that, I had been using the purple dunlops. There is a clear difference in tone with the heavy graphite. Looking forward to seeing how much of a difference the "name brand" pick makes...
 #105821  by rugger

I've been using the 2mm Gators from Dunlop and I like those quite a bit--especially after you've sweated on them a little. But I am running low and thought I would give these a shot just for sh!ts and giggles. After all, Jerry used them, right! :-)

John in San Diego
 #105833  by Rusty the Scoob

rugger wrote:I've been using the 2mm Gators from Dunlop and I like those quite a bit--especially after you've sweated on them a little. But I am running low and thought I would give these a shot just for sh!ts and giggles. After all, Jerry used them, right! :-)

John in San Diego
You'll find the Adamas to have a brighter bite and clearer attack. Feel-wise they're just like the 2mm Gators but with raised lettering instead of the grippy texture.
 #105868  by vwjodyme

JamminJommy wrote:Just placed my order.

How long will a dozen picks last me?

Peace,

Jommy
An amazingly long time! seriously, they have to be the longest lasting pick ever.
 #105876  by vwjodyme

rugger wrote:
How long will a dozen picks last me?

Peace,

Jommy
How quickly can you lose them! :-) That's my problem.

John in San Diego
Hey John, Just saw a pic of your guitar. turned out awesome! :cool:
 #105895  by rugger

Hey John, Just saw a pic of your guitar. turned out awesome! :cool:
Yeah, I'm really happy. Looks better in person too.

I love the functionality of the OBEL, toggling the effects on and off from the guitar is way cool. And of course, having "the sound" is a trip in and of itself. Lot's of fun.

John in San Diego