#104938  by NSP

I'm doing mods on my PRS Custom24 and was hoping someone could point me to a wiring diagram. I'm sticking with the original pickups for now which are singles in the neck and middle, and HB in the bridge. I have a single volume and tone control and the rotary pickup selector.

Is there a diagram out there for this configuration with Waldo's buffer and an OBEL? Any input would be gratefully appreciated.

Peace,

-Tim

http://newspeedwayplayers.com/
 #104944  by myoung6923

In the first phase of modding my PRS custom 24, I put in an OBEL and buffer but stuck with the PRS pickups. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact wiring - I just kind of figured it out as I went.

On the second phase I put in 3 super 2's, coil taps... The full works - and pulled out all of the PRS electronics.
 #104977  by cousindave79

Use the existing diagrams. Instead of a strat switch you have a rotary. No big deal.
Just locate the switch output wire. Disconnect it from the first lug of your volume pot and hookup the buffer. The rotary and fie way are the same thing , just look different.
Peace.
Dave
 #104979  by NSP

Yeah, thanks Dave.
Found the diagram that I needed. This forums a great resource, thanks to all for sharing.

Peace,

-Tim
 #105601  by NSP

Hey All,

Now I have everything all wired up according to the diagram below but I have a strange issue I haven't been able to figure out. When I have the DPDT switch in bypass everything works as I would expect and sounds good, with no effects of course. When I engage the loop all of my pedals behave very strange. e.g. my delay pedal sounds as though I have all the knobs maxed out with intense delay and decay, when in fact the dials are set to minimal effect. When I hit the Qtron it screeches as if the signal is way to hot? All of my effects are behaving in a weird way.

I built my own junction box as well according to the other diagram below, but now looking at it again the only difference is I ran two ground wires from the stereo jack with one going to the send and one going to the return instead of daisy chaining as the image shows. Any chance this could cause a problem? I just noticed this so I haven't had a chance to go rewire it yet to see.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

NSP wrote:Yeah, thanks Dave.
Found the diagram that I needed. This forums a great resource, thanks to all for sharing.

Peace,

-Tim