#105478  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Further was in town last night, and Bob had us down to try out an Earth Drive. AJ was set up to let Bob try it off-stage thru a small Vox AC15, but when Bob arrived, he said to just hook it up to the big rig on stage. They wired it in right after the Black Box and before the Digi Eleven Rack. They soundchecked a bit and Bob came over to us and said it sounded really good and asked if we minded if he used it for the show. That was funny on a lot of levels. So we watched him toggle it in and out thru the show occasionally. It was pretty cool to hear its effect on his normal sound. He would also compare it with his Eleven Rack dirtier settings. He said he likes it and would know more once he had more time with it. Also thinks it may prove to be real handy with his small/mini rig he uses for smaller, quieter, and studio gigs where he needs some amp-like drive and feel but at super low volume. JK also tried one out a little bit too. That was quite flattering as well to have him experiment with it. BTW, JK's sound was beautiful. Sweet as can be. And his playing is at a whole nuther level of excellent. Furthur was just awesome, better than ever and in a big way.

Bob, Auset, and me...

Brad
Last edited by SarnoMusicSolutions on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #105494  by SarnoMusicSolutions

bcresci wrote:That's really cool. Congrats.

My four year old daughter is with me and wanted to put in an emoticon: :?: Told her she needed question to go along with it. Here's what she wants to know: "Why did the bee sting the bird?"

... I don't know ... why??

B
 #105501  by JonnyBoy

That is really cool of them to give you that attention, and you well deserve it for all the hard work and dedication to the sound. Still diggin' my Sarno stuff frequently.
 #105502  by mgbills

Awesome! You should be extremely proud. And I agree...Furthur is awesome. Earth Drive is next for me after my MC2100 gets out of the shop.
 #105534  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Thanks for the support y'all. It's a true thrill to just meet the guy. Having him use our gear is a feeling so profound that's hard to describe. Just to comment on his tone in general, regardless of the pedal, he really has dialed things in and I quite enjoyed it, more than ever with Furthur. It's still the same rig basically, but just more dialed in, more balanced, more percussive. I really did have a "Grateful Dead" kind of experience the other night. Everything has come together so well with that band. The flame really burns brightly now with Furthur. As my good friend said the other night, "Jerry would love this band!".

B