Chat about Equipment Info
 #105430  by hard truckers co

Hey Now Everybody....

Hope this finds you well and getting ready for the end of the year and the holiday season. We just wanted to take a quick second to tell you about the all new Dead Gear Expo website and our future plans. We accomplished all our goals back in August and are readying for the second annual dead gear expo this coming August. The city and dates will be announced in the near future. The response from all you rukinder's was overwhelmingly positive and without your support none of this would be possible. Thank you. The dead gear expo comes from such a good place in all our hearts and is such a great thing for our community. Year two promises to be even bigger and better with an expanded sense of community.

Check out the website at http://www.deadgearexpo.com It's still a work in progress but I wanted to launch it with you my like minded gear heads first. Stay tuned for what we are thinking of as one hell of what would have been a 70th birthday party!

Suggestions, comments and questions are more than welcome. Again, thank you!

Peace Love and Mischief
Glenn
http://www.hardtruckers.com
And Now
http://www.deadgearexpo.com
 #105431  by strumminsix

Sweet! I think Chicago should be one of your next stops :)

Seems New York, San Fran, and Chicago should all be in the rotation!
 #105707  by deepelem

I've never been to California guys ... this would be a darned good reason to alter that little situation ... here's hoping .. :cool:
 #107552  by Jon S.

The reason I'm hoping the date will be set earlier this year than last year's is due to the circumstances that would allow me attend should the venue be moved to the West Coast as has been discussed. Last year it was in NJ but I still couldn't go because by the time the dates were announced, I'd already had other plans. This year, if it's in say San Fran in August, the only way I could pull it off would be to combine it with my regular annual summer visit to Southern CA to visit my in-laws but the pressure on me from my wife and family to wrap that up early is always pretty intense. If I have to do that before any firm announcements on the venue and dates for the 2nd Dead Gear Expo, it will probably kill my ability to go and perhaps do the same to others.

Hard Truckers guys - R U listening? :smile:
 #107555  by Pete B.

If it's in San Fran I will drive down (10 hours but I can bring my full Jerry rig, Pedal Steel and Banjo, too).
As of 1/1/12 I am granted 8 floating holidays to use any time this year.
Agreed we need dates asap, and the code for the good rate at the hotel.
:hail:
 #107567  by Jon S.

Believe it or not, I met my wife in 1989 in a laundromat in the Haight while on a work detail to SF from my agency's home office in DC. So we will always have a special love for SF that goes beyond even the music. :smile:
 #107577  by hard truckers co

Happy new year everybody. We have big things in store for the second annual dead gear expo. I wish I had more info to report right now about the dates and location of this years expo but all I can officially say is stay tuned. We hope to have something we can announce shortly. I promise you this, You will have more time to make plans than last year!! Thanks for your support and prepare for a bigger and even better expo in 2012. The dates and location are where they belong.

If you have any suggestions on how to make the next expo even better, vendors to invite or what you want to see at the expo please feel free to email me at glenn@deadgearexpo.com
Peace. Glenn
 #107580  by Jon S.

hard truckers co wrote: I promise you this, You will have more time to make plans than last year!!

Peace. Glenn
My message in a bottle has been answered. :smile:
 #107623  by rugger

How about this place? I'll be there!

Phil Lesh has officially announced the opening of Terrapin Crossroads. Located in San Rafael, CA, the club will function as Marin County’s answer to Levon Helm’s Rambles as well as a fully operational restaurant. Terrapin Crossroads’ restaurant will open in February, and the space’s intimate venue is expected to open shortly after.

The club will consist of two main areas, the Grate Room and The Dinning Room. Music will be held in the space’s Grate Room. A note from the venue’s camp explains:

We will present live music of all types, from Phil Lesh & Friends shows with world-class guest artists to “Rambles” (modeled on Levon Helm’s legendary Midnight Rambles) with the Lesh Family Ramble Band, and “Terrapin All-Stars” featuring a rotating cast of fantastic local talent. We will host Big-Band dance nights, Jazz with wine tasting (hey, we are just south of Sonoma and Napa…), Latin or Salsa nights, “Telstar” free form jam nights, Sunday morning brunch featuring sacred music from around the world, and much more. In the grand tradition of the Bay Area’s best ballrooms, the Grate Room will add a spectacular dimension to the Bay Area’s live music scene. Be sure to check the TC calendar often, as we plan to announce shows frequently with a very busy schedule throughout the Spring and Summer of 2012. In the Fall of 2012, we’ll be closing down the Grate Room for a major renovation, with a grand re-opening targeted for March, 2013, when we’ll be ready to provide San Rafael with top quality music for years to come.

The bassist’s Furthur/Dead bandmate Bob Weir is exploring a somewhat similar concept with his TRI studios, though that space is tailored more for webcasts and recording sessions than public shows.

#107627  by rugger

gr8fullfred wrote:Sounds like the place to me!
Cat out of bag?! I hope so!

See you there.

John in San Diego
 #107637  by Jon S.

San Rafael would be awesome! I can visit my 3 sisters-in-law and their families in Southern CA, drive up to San Rafael for the Expo, then visit my 2 bothers=in-law and their families in Sacramento. Now all I need are the dates!