Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #105342  by Todd GT5

Hello all,
I was just looking through the Portland Oregon Craigslist musical instruments ads and found this Modulus Blackknife for $500. It seems like a killer deal, so I thought I would share. I don't know anything else about it except seeing this ad.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/2707064507.html

Let me know if anyone picks it up! - Todd
 #105343  by Tennessee Jedi

I seem to remember that guitar being posted here before.
Maybe its a RUKIND member ?
 #105345  by strumminsix

Todd GT5 wrote:Hello all,
I was just looking through the Portland Oregon Craigslist musical instruments ads and found this Modulus Blackknife for $500. It seems like a killer deal, so I thought I would share. I don't know anything else about it except seeing this ad.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/2707064507.html

Let me know if anyone picks it up! - Todd
Todd, I'd love that guitar! Let me know if you can coordinate with me!

I'll paypal you the cost + pp fees + a little extra for you to treate yourself to a few beers and a burger + coordinate FEDEX to pickup from you

Let me know, please!!
 #105346  by Todd GT5

Hi Strumminsix, That ad is in Portland and I'm in Bend, about three hours away. You should try to call him and see what's up. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

-Todd
 #105351  by vwjodyme

Hey Strum, There are a few Portlanders here (Tiger Strat is the first that comes to mind).
 #105356  by strumminsix

Laytonco wrote:SS, did you get it? The posting has been deleted. Hoping that's a good thing!

Peace,

GIl
Not mine. But we'll see. Waiting on a callback.
 #105357  by Pete B.

Give a ring if needed.
Pete B.
503-621-8209
Portland, Oregon

You can tell him your "agent" will be picking it up! I'll bring a check for $2500.
:-)
[isn't that how that scam goes?]
 #105391  by vwjodyme

SS, did the dude call you or did someone else get it? Seems like an unreal deal
 #105392  by strumminsix

vwjodyme wrote:SS, did the dude call you or did someone else get it? Seems like an unreal deal
I called him. They guy said he had a couple local offers and a guy coming to his place.

So I asked him to call me if the guy doesn't take it. In that time I coordinated with TS. Don't hear back, freak out that the listing was down. Call him back and he said it was gone. So sad. That guitar matches the early BW type that was part of the giveaway in GP magazine!
 #105399  by tigerstrat

strumminsix wrote:
vwjodyme wrote:SS, did the dude call you or did someone else get it? Seems like an unreal deal
I called him. They guy said he had a couple local offers and a guy coming to his place.

So I asked him to call me if the guy doesn't take it. In that time I coordinated with TS. Don't hear back, freak out that the listing was down. Call him back and he said it was gone. So sad. That guitar matches the early BW type that was part of the giveaway in GP magazine!
Too good to be true!

I was really hoping to do the middleman work on this, and to just hold and check out such a cool axe, despite my left-handedness preventing me from really playing it. The first 10 shows or so that I ever saw (85-87), Weir was playing an axe almost just like that one. I still remember his whammy dives on the first Greatest Story I ever saw 4/9/87.