#104361  by tiffcheese

to enhance a clean, warm tone. don't need anything too pricey and have my eye on the lower end Fenders

edit to add: I will not buy anything USED!! and I have a low level knowledge of the separate versions of rack style amps used with speaker cabinets; probably prefer something more like an all-in-one two-speaker amp I can plug my guitar into and play, maybe with an effect or two on it.
 #104366  by tcsned

Those small fender tube amps are all pretty good and much less pricey than a twin plus if your not gigging in larger clubs a 85-100w amp is going to be overkill. Do you have a price range you're working with.
 #104387  by Grant

Just read the no used bit - guess that puts the ac15 out then.

If you want a good amp for low $, take a look at ceriatone.com
I have one of their Dumble ODS clones and it is a GREAT amp. (I put different transformers in it though)
 #104390  by vwjodyme

Since Johnny Boy hasn't jumped in yet, I will jump in and advocate the Fender GDec series. They are low priced modeling amps that attemp to duplicate larger tube amps, and do it pretty well. I have the very low price Jr that i keep in the living room (was around $60 used) and it sounds great on the blackface setting with reverb...also has a tweed amp, a heavy metal (i think marshall?), jazz, and maybe a vox amp, along with some effects and backing tracks.
Johnny Boy and some others on the board have the bigger ones (more $) that you can create your own tones on a computer and download them to the amp. there is also a website that people put up the tones they have created so others can download them...i think some guys on the board have developed some jerry ones on there.

Not sure how loud you need...these only go up to 30w.
 #104393  by tigerstrat

If you're budget is a max of only $450 than I would REALLY encourage you t o get over your aversion to buying a used amp.
 #104447  by tiffcheese

tigerstrat wrote:If you're budget is a max of only $450 than I would REALLY encourage you t o get over your aversion to buying a used amp.
point taken
was all ready to argue with you until I remembered my Fender Squier :lol: what an awful sounding piece of crap that was (no offense to anyone who's got one and loves it, please) You get what you pay for, and maybe I'll just wait for a better one aka the $1300+ range. Yeah definitely don't want used.
 #104451  by tiffcheese

strumminsix wrote:With a max of $450 that means $400 new plus tax. Not much for that price. Have you looked into the Roland cubes?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ ... 0000001000
Right on. A musician friend (not to be confused with Musician's Friend) recommended a Fender Cube, but haven't found one to check out online. Roland cube looks perfect for what I need. Honestly don't want to go into the $1000's right now but would like to get that LP hooked up. Been playing through an acoustic amp and don't like it obviously
 #104484  by jackr

In that price range I would recommend a Fender blues jr. They are small but have a great tone and can get very loud.