When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #104369  by Marlow

I took this picture at Deer Creek on June 21, 1993 then monkeyed with it after. I found it again while rummaging through old backup CDs. Good memories!Image
 #104371  by claytushaywood

awesome! i have a picture from my first dead show at seriously that exact same spot 10 years later with "the dead". unfortunately my camera's third eye lens was malfunctioning until about 30 minutes later
 #104438  by tcsned

Sweet! That was my last GD show(s).
 #104440  by Good Times

I have such great memories of shows at Deer Creek :smile:
 #104444  by tigerstrat

I remember it looking exactly like that. :smile:
 #104458  by jeffm725

That was the last run of shows I was at that felt like it was an extension of my time on tour in the 80's. There were some great jams in that 3 night run (and some trainwrecks too!) but everything I saw after that (including the whole summer 95 tour) was just always a bummer because you knew Jer was not "right"....even on the rare shows or tunes where he rose to the occasion, you knew it was only a fleeting thing.

Good memories of that Deer Creek run though....
 #104462  by vwjodyme

my last show there i remember people pooring over that wall :(
 #104463  by tcsned

jeffm725 wrote:That was the last run of shows I was at that felt like it was an extension of my time on tour in the 80's. There were some great jams in that 3 night run (and some trainwrecks too!) but everything I saw after that (including the whole summer 95 tour) was just always a bummer because you knew Jer was not "right"....even on the rare shows or tunes where he rose to the occasion, you knew it was only a fleeting thing.

Good memories of that Deer Creek run though....
Yeah, I agree. Those shows certainly had their ups and downs. It was one if those seeing the writing on the wall moments for me that things were not headed in a good direction and it seemed like a good jumping off point. I saw Miles Davis and Sinatra when they were well past their primes and while I was glad I got to see them it was a little depressing. I heard it described as similar to visiting the Coliseum in Rome, yeah, it's still pretty cool to see but it's a shadow of its former greatness. I didn't have the heart see that happening to Jerry anymore. I loved all the Deer Creek shows I went to, I think I was at them all from 89-93.
 #104464  by NWPines

Cool photo, thanks for posting! I have great (albeit foggy) memories from that show. A friend of mine from college, his dad was one of the big shots with the contractor that built Deer Creek. He got us vip box seats for all 3 nights, which included a cocktail waitress. First thing we did each night was fold up all the chairs and bring in some folks from the lawn. Unfortunately no backstage access or anything like that though. Camped nearby and ended up meeting some really cool people that I've since run into years later in some unexpected places.
 #112575  by claytushaywood

my first shows were at deer creek- it sucked when I realized that camping on a field right next to the theatre was not the norm... haha.
 #112604  by vwjodyme

I saw some dude freak out and run into the corn fields near the parking lot...wonder if he ever made it out
 #112714  by easytoslip

awesomesauce (Orig. post)

tigerstrat wrote:I remember it looking exactly like that. :smile:
8)

I drove straight thru from CT to Deer Creek w/a guy friend of mine in '97? For The Other Ones? Also saw two nights of Phish there in '99 on summer tour. Why'd they have to go and fuck with all the great venue names?