When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #10413  by pinkfloyd188

i've got a ton of old dead cd's from my parents, though many are scratched to hell. i managed to find one beautiful set from copps coliseum in the 90's... and the picasso moon on the first set is amazing. well that's what ive been told, since its the only track that i cannot listen to. it skips like none other at the 54 second mark and doesn't clean up until a minute before the end.

now for my question... is there any way to kind of "clean up" a track ive imported to iTunes? make it skip less? any advice or programs i could use, ANYTHING would be greatly appreciated.

#10419  by ebick

You could rip the file down to something that an editor like Cool Edit could recognize and then you could go through the painstaking effort of deleting skips.

Or....

You could find someone, either here or at rec.music.gdead, or something like that who has a clean copy and work something out with them.......

That's what I would do.

#10423  by pinkfloyd188

awesome, i might try out the Cool Edit thing first, since the sound quality is so good on the cd's ive got.

thanks for the info

#10428  by pinkfloyd188

hmm there doesnt seem to be anything in the help section about this... do you happen to know what i need to do?

ive never edited, i just need to know how to get scratches out, or what option will do that for me.

thanks in advance

#10429  by ebick

It is something that just takes practice. Remember, I used the term 'painstaking".

You have to learn how to read a wave form and identify where specific sections are. You can zoom in to help. Then, it is simply a matter of highlighting the unwanted section and deleting it.

#10433  by shakedown_04092

Is the show in question on the Archive?

#10444  by pinkfloyd188

ah sweet this is the one...

thank you