#103637  by broesau

What exactly is the difference between the Tiger & Rosebud pickup rings? They are both basically setup for 3 humbuckers, but Tiger has wood blocks on either side of the single coil. Also, I found this guy selling brass tailpieces for Jerry guitars and from the look at his wolf models he could probably make other parts as well:

http://www.ruschguitars.com/home

He also has listings for custom guitar builds on ebay for $3k, you pick the style.
 #103919  by Jerry1996x

Definiteluy interested. I would like to see some tiger/wolf p'up rings. and tailpieces would be cool. and of course some alligator parts since no one does them. speaking of which, sorry to get off topic, but does anyone have a good method for cutting out a piece of a strat pick guard for the alligator brass piece? i have one, but i want to get a super 2 and i have a standard sss pick guard. i want to keep the brass part though. any imput?
 #103922  by hippieguy1954

Jerry1996x wrote:Definiteluy interested. I would like to see some tiger/wolf p'up rings. and tailpieces would be cool. and of course some alligator parts since no one does them. speaking of which, sorry to get off topic, but does anyone have a good method for cutting out a piece of a strat pick guard for the alligator brass piece? i have one, but i want to get a super 2 and i have a standard sss pick guard. i want to keep the brass part though. any imput?
This might interest you: forum/viewtopic.php?f=419&t=11064 :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #103941  by Jerry1996x

ya. im really just looking for a good method of cutting the pickguard. i have the brass piece and dont want to get rid of it. i know plastic can be tuff to cut with a saw. :?
 #103961  by hippieguy1954

Jerry1996x wrote:ya. im really just looking for a good method of cutting the pickguard. i have the brass piece and dont want to get rid of it. i know plastic can be tuff to cut with a saw. :?
Let me get this straight. You want to put a tripple brass pickup ring on top of the strat pick guard? If so, I don't see why. If you buy a custom pick guard (already cut) or do a good job cutting the pick guard, it will look fine and you don't need the pickup ring. Also, to me it would look odd.

I would just buy a custom pick guard already cut, but if your determined to do the cutting yourself (which I respect) there are a few ways. Hot exato knife, hot or cold razor knife and hours of patience, coping saw and years of experience, electric coping saw and lots of experience. Best way would be with a small router like a Dremel.

Bottom line is even with a lot of experience with these methods, even with the router you would need a special jig etc., it will be extremly difficult to get a nice smooth and straight cut that looks professional. The pickup holes in the strat pick guards are punched out with a press on some and molded that way from the get go when manufactured on others or cut with a CNC machine. It is very hard to get the same result when cutting, but anything can be done with practice and perserverience. Problem is you might ruin it while practicing.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #103975  by claytushaywood

very interested and will be for years to come!!! im planning on having a tiger, alligator and wolf before the end of the road! i feel jipped that im now getting to a place where i can start thinking about this stuff actually happening and jack of roses is gone!
 #103978  by Jerry1996x

hippieguy1954 wrote:
Jerry1996x wrote:ya. im really just looking for a good method of cutting the pickguard. i have the brass piece and dont want to get rid of it. i know plastic can be tuff to cut with a saw. :?
Let me get this straight. You want to put a tripple brass pickup ring on top of the strat pick guard? If so, I don't see why. If you buy a custom pick guard (already cut) or do a good job cutting the pick guard, it will look fine and you don't need the pickup ring. Also, to me it would look odd.

I would just buy a custom pick guard already cut, but if your determined to do the cutting yourself (which I respect) there are a few ways. Hot exato knife, hot or cold razor knife and hours of patience, coping saw and years of experience, electric coping saw and lots of experience. Best way would be with a small router like a Dremel.

Bottom line is even with a lot of experience with these methods, even with the router you would need a special jig etc., it will be extremly difficult to get a nice smooth and straight cut that looks professional. The pickup holes in the strat pick guards are punched out with a press on some and molded that way from the get go when manufactured on others or cut with a CNC machine. It is very hard to get the same result when cutting, but anything can be done with practice and perserverience. Problem is you might ruin it while practicing.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
No. I have an Alligator style pickguard, with the brass piece. Im getting a Super 2 for the middle, but i dont want to get rid of the brass piece. What would be a good way of cutting the plastic control plate part of the new pickguard off for my Alligator control plate.
 #103982  by TI4-1009

#103994  by softmachine72

I have been looking for good wolf knobs. I already make three pick up rings,jack plates,switch plates, and wolf tail pieces anybody needs them i have a week turn around.
Leo
Scacarlet Fire Guitars
 #104028  by strummingturtle

I was just in gary brawer's shop and he was showing me some switch plate options and he had one brass one left, and he told me the guy who makes these is doing them no more. If you live near SF he is the guy for jerry mods. Contact him I am sure he would be interested.
 #107149  by postguitars

Yeah for sure! I used to make them by hand but it would take two days to make a pickup ring! I still often make the rear electronics cover out of brass, I think those would be cool as well and perhaps engraved trussrod covers.