#103968  by Counterstriker

I'm going to be putting pics of of the process, I just gutted the guitar of all current electronics and took the bridge off so a friend of mine can route the middle pup and 9volt compartment monday or tuesday, I had to really change the bridge's intonation to get the screw in the middle of the bridge to come off so that should be fun to fix once everything is ready.. is it right if it's flat? and left if it's sharp?

The guitar is gonna have a SD '59 in the bridge that's always a humbucker, I'm a big fan of Trey and I like the sound of over driven '59 so I went with that. I have the dimarzio super 2 in the middle, and I kept the carvin pickup in the neck, I really like the sound of it, very bluesy and sounds amazing over driven, the neck and middle are on a master coil tap. I also ordered the buffer from waldo but it's the unity gain version, I don't know why i went with that hah and also will have the great effects loop! I don't always play the dead so I wanted the versatility, but after playing through the super 2's the other day chances are that's the pickup I'll mostly use! love the sound of it :smile:

Here's a pic of the gutted guitar! 2 weeks it should be ready for it's first gig!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 #103992  by gr8fulbluz

All Carvin neck-thru are 24 frets, 25in scale. Idunno but i don't think there is a option for 22 frets on a neck thru.
 #104033  by Counterstriker

That's cool!

So all the pieces I ordered came in from GuitarElectronics, but they sent me the wrong mini toggle switches (ON/ON/ON) I contacted them waiting on a reply.

One problem is I'm using a Switchcraft Stereo Long Reach jack.. they look like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=switchcr ... 9,r:24,s:0

And I have no Idea what lug is the T or the R or the S!
 #104305  by Counterstriker

Almost finished! Just waiting on the Buffer to get here then all I need to do is solder a few wires!

Bad news though, when being routed by the "wood worker" He chipped right through the top of my guitar, chipping a decent sized amount, so he had to refinish the problem area, which he did, You can only see it up close though,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also need to order the cable from Andrew at AO!
 #104329  by vwjodyme

Sweet! Looks great!
Did I miss something tho? I thought you were upgrading your strat or did you already do that?
My 145 is at AO's right now :-)
 #104332  by Counterstriker

I upgraded the strat with just the effects loop, but problem is at the time i only had really shitty wire, so right now it's not working, but I never really used the guitar anyway, I used that guitar as a test. But knocked this one out yesterday! Thanks! Can't wait to test the tones out! The UGB should be here today! :smile: :smile:
 #104333  by vwjodyme

Awesome! Pop up a vid when you have some time. would be cool to do a side by side comparison with your last vid :cool:
 #104728  by claytushaywood

man that is a sweet looking axe! i've always loved my carvin cobalt acoustic that i bought about 8 years ago. got the cedar top with satin finish. that thing came with a perfect setup- i can get the action at shredder low on that thing.

does carvin offer any of those routes at the factory? i know they dont do the middle humbucker (right?) but seems like they should do a battery or preamp box? do you have any more pics of that finish? i'm really contemplating one now- i checked out your youtube videos and they sound amazing- that stock middle was damn nice! but im sure the super 2 is amazing-er