#95534  by hogan

#95535  by Dozin

I wish there was controls on the playback. it's really choppy

Bobby's new studio is incredible. He has the option of making the sound in the room as if he's playing in a studio, hall, auditorium, stadium,.. etc..
Hope he does more of these
 #95538  by Octal

Jerry acoustic in the 90s, and now Bobby. Is there any correlation between older age and a desire for acoustic? Or is it just getting bored of what you've been doing?
 #95545  by Maybeck09

Thats a great vid. Bobby sounds great, playing a Martin finally! The whole thing is well done. Aware of his limitations (in this solo acoustic setting), he plays very, very well and sings even better. No capris, no messin' with the knobs, no screaming-just good sweet Bobby tone. Really well done.
 #95547  by JonnyBoy

Tone and guitar aside, I think it is brilliant he is still trying to influence the curve of music with his ideas, and money too....That's part of what The Grateful Dead were about partially. By turning this place into a venue of sorts for artists that are touring, he has provided a fantastic resource for us all to see more live music: a) without shelling out hundreds to do so, b) in the ease of our own home C) as great resource to learn from as a musician. Plus we prolly can record or get recordings easy. I now understand his "Flying saucer" idea, its not just for him (as I thought), its for everyone first and foremost if you think about it. Pretty cool. Hopefully we will see a bunch of REALLY COOL acts come through this studio, along with further, DSO, JGB and the like. I hope the idea sticks.... They could gig well into their 90's in places like this! :lol:
 #95551  by hogan

Octal wrote:Jerry acoustic in the 90s, and now Bobby. Is there any correlation between older age and a desire for acoustic? Or is it just getting bored of what you've been doing?
I don't follow. Bob Weir has been fairly committed to acoustic instruments and acoustic music for the last 25+ years. This isn't a new fascination.
 #95553  by strumminsix

I did the guitar and vocals from this!
hogan wrote:
Octal wrote:Jerry acoustic in the 90s, and now Bobby. Is there any correlation between older age and a desire for acoustic? Or is it just getting bored of what you've been doing?
I don't follow. Bob Weir has been fairly committed to acoustic instruments and acoustic music for the last 25+ years. This isn't a new fascination.
+1 w/ Hogan

In the 70s Ibanez, 80s A-Y. He also worked to mod electric amps so this seems like the next logical step.
 #95555  by hogan

^^^^^^^Lest you forget the ovations! yikes.
Him playing what looks like a old martin 000/om- 42, closed mic'd is fantastic. It sounds incredible and so does he. The GD's approach to acoustic tone has long been a little lacking. Garcia's acoustic tone is bad and Weirs was, for a long time, embarrassing. I'm talking about live performance only.
 #95575  by 1960strat

What i want to know is how he isolated the bleed between the vocal and Guitar condensers...
 #95576  by strumminsix

hogan wrote:^^^^^^^Lest you forget the ovations! yikes.
Him playing what looks like a old martin 000/om- 42, closed mic'd is fantastic. It sounds incredible and so does he. The GD's approach to acoustic tone has long been a little lacking. Garcia's acoustic tone is bad and Weirs was, for a long time, embarrassing. I'm talking about live performance only.
Agreed. It sounded better and better each year with Ratdog
 #95585  by Octal

hogan wrote:
Thus shows how well I've been following these things...

The infinite wealth of knowledge has yet to grace me with some Bobby.
 #95906  by zambiland

1960strat wrote:What i want to know is how he isolated the bleed between the vocal and Guitar condensers...
He probably didn't. If you aren't going to overdub, it's usually not a real problem. Assuming you have a good room, a good sounding instrument, voice, etc.

Leakage can be your friend!
 #97274  by Octal

New video of "I Know You Rider" with Jackie Greene up there. Does anyone else find Jackie's vocals to be very annoying? He's a great singer, but it seems annoying here.
 #103825  by claytushaywood

Sounds great BOB!

i noticed you can hear his hand hitting the soundboard of the acoustic in this recording. ive never had a problem with doing that, but ive been recording a dude who does that, and its really driving me crazy trying to get rid of it. this makes me wonder if it's possible... is it?

new to the board!!! wooo!!! building a jerry hybrid guitar!!!