rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#103711  by Voodoonola
 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:35 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:a '82 show just went up recently that had a great closeup of Jerry soloing on Althea .... SWEET
How the heck do you download youtube vids ??????
:D
Free: http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
Pay: http://keepvid.com/program/KeepVid.exe

I like Video Cache View. It's a little harder to use, but it's more comprehensive.
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/videocacheview.zip

8)
 #103712  by mijknahs
 Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:36 am
Tennessee Jedi wrote:a '82 show just went up recently that had a great closeup of Jerry soloing on Althea .... SWEET
Almost all of these vids are available on the BT sites like Traders Den in better quality than the YouTube versions if you really want to "own" them.

I'm happy to just watch them anytime I want and not have to use my own hard drive space.

Thanks Voodoonola! Love the new (cleaned up) Merriweather Post 6/21/83. I have that on an old VHS and it is horrible quailty.
 #103716  by waldo041
 Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:27 pm
Voodoonola wrote:
waldo041 wrote:not as much, but here's another who's been at it for a few months now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/FunkensteinJr

peace,
waldo
FunkensteinJr and Voodoonola are the same.

very cool! welcome and thanks for the vids!

peace,
waldo
 #103717  by Voodoonola
 Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:07 pm
mijknahs wrote:
Almost all of these vids are available on the BT sites like Traders Den in better quality than the YouTube versions if you really want to "own" them.

I'm happy to just watch them anytime I want and not have to use my own hard drive space.

Thanks Voodoonola! Love the new (cleaned up) Merriweather Post 6/21/83. I have that on an old VHS and it is horrible quailty.
I totally agree. I think everybody should be able to watch them when they want to and that's the main reason why I'm doing it.

It doesn't matter what the format, quality or size of the video is; YT converts it to a flv file. So if you use a downloader the quality is not the same, but if that doesn't bother you, this is an easier way to get them.
 #103729  by Grant
 Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:48 am
Voodoonola wrote:
mijknahs wrote:

I totally agree. I think everybody should be able to watch them when they want to and that's the main reason why I'm doing it.

It doesn't matter what the format, quality or size of the video is; YT converts it to a flv file. So if you use a downloader the quality is not the same, but if that doesn't bother you, this is an easier way to get them.
it keeps some in mp4 - depending on the res and when it was uploaded
 #103747  by Voodoonola
 Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:22 am

Thanks Voodoonola! Love the new (cleaned up) Merriweather Post 6/21/83. I have that on an old VHS and it is horrible quailty.[/quote]

It doesn't matter what the format, quality or size of the video is; YT converts it to a flv file. So if you use a downloader the quality is not the same, but if that doesn't bother you, this is an easier way to get them.[/quote]
it keeps some in mp4 - depending on the res and when it was uploaded[/quote]

By "when" do you mean they stopped doing that?