#103372  by rob

Hi all! Is there still a demand for brass Jerry parts? I have the means to start production where Jack of Roses and Moriarty left off. Let me know what you think!

Rob
 #103373  by mgbills

I'm interested! I just had to have a machine shop fab a 2 port jack cover. I wouldn't bet the whole business plan on it, but it could be a interesting & fun side gig.

My 1.193 cents.

Peace
M
 #103383  by hippieguy1954

It is a small market, you need a milling machine (big bucks). Like was said, would be a good side thing if you can afford the milling maching and the other necessary equiptment such as a band saw, upright belt sander, polishing machine, etc. and then hope you get enough business to pay for the equiptment. I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't justify the start up costs. Asking your question here is a great start for researching the market. Maybe try asking in other guitar forums to get a feel for the market also. What I have noticed is that only us Dead Heads appreciate the brass parts. Most like nickel and crome better because they dont tarnish.
:smile: :smile: :smile:
 #103406  by rob

Well guys...Thanks for the input! Let me ask what item you would like to see as the first? Tiger/Rosebud pickup ring?

Rob
 #103426  by WilliamC

Alligator control plate, 2 port jack cover - not historically correct on one Strat, but that Moriarty Wolf is still a couple years in the future for me.
 #103589  by cousindave79

t making parts just placed an order for stainless steel dual jackplate through a local machinist. Should come out looking nice. Does anyone else prefer steel look over brass?
I may be able to order more if there is a demand for modded strat plates.
Last edited by cousindave79 on Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.