#103266  by playingdead

Finally got the chance to play my Scott Walker Special with Playing Dead at a festival last weekend ... so balanced, so responsive, so comfortable, great sustain, and a terrific neck ... I'm ready to retire the Tiger.

Anyone thinking about a custom build ... should seriously consider one of Scott's masterpieces.

No recording this time, but next weekend.

#103283  by jackr

I definately have guitar envy.
 #103316  by playingdead

Capt Rosebuddy wrote:Vic,
That's a flat out beautiful axe you got there, nicely done sir.
It's your fault, you pointed me to his website!

I owe you one for that.
 #103319  by rkubik

Everytime I see that guitar I amazed by it. You are lucky Vic! I look at Scott's website all the time and want it to be my next purchase of a guitar. I still think yours is one of the sweetest looking I have seen him do. I am excited to hear some tunes with it. Congrats and keep giving us the gift of your music.
 #103320  by playingdead

Thanks ...

A little trivia; the tree that the top came from is a big old maple named Bertha ... she fell more than a decade ago. Scott sent me photos of several pieces to choose from, all were wildly different and really exotically figured. He probably has more from that same tree ... be cool for my guitar to have a sister out there.

I should name her Bertha ... which, ironically, is my wife's middle name, although she totally hates it and would kill me if she knew I revealed it.

Strange how the universe operates.
 #103324  by Capt Rosebuddy

playingdead wrote:ed me to his website!

I owe you one for that.
Hey buddy like I've been saying, I'm definitely open to a finders fee. I'm kidding of course. I love that Scott knows where the maple came from.
 #103339  by jester536

Maybe I should look back for some pics but I can't tell what you ended up with for pickups. Scott's standard set-up looks like two Humbuckers. Looks like you've got 3 pickups without the large wooden rings he uses...and if you're using it for Playin' Dead ...I assume you've got a Super II in the middle.
 #103347  by NWPines

Vic, that truly is one of the most stunning guitars I've seen. My playing is a long ways off from justifying a custom build, but when that day comes Scott Walker will definitely be on the short list. Awesome to hear how much you like it!
 #103348  by mijknahs

It looks like a "Jerry" guitar even though it's not... Very nice. I want one.
 #103380  by SarnoMusicSolutions

Indeed, the look is very psychedelic. Scott clearly has the magic, cosmic sense of form and shape and all around trippy-ness in his work, and all balanced in beauty and not overt wildness or gratuitous psychedelia. It's all his own look, just as Irwin had his trippy stylings. Scott is a carving master of masters. These guitars are masterpieces, and when you hold and play them, you feel a real-deal, down to earth, music-making guitar.

B