#103290  by seamones

While I have gotten a serious amount of expert help thru this site for free...there are links to instructional videos and tabs through the tab link to left... I am not above (or below) paying for some expert instruction. My personal opinion is that $9 per part per song is a bit steep.
 #103296  by Seth Fleishman

That's up to you to decide. I've paid a lot more for video instruction. I've got stacks of VHS tapes and DVDs, and plenty of video downloads on a whole variety of subjects. For me, it's about new information. If I get one or two usable things out of a lesson, to me it's worth it. I buy plenty of books too. Some of em turn out to be clunkers, but one good one makes it all worthwhile. Everything from travis picking to chicken picking to swing to jazz to improv to 101 country licks to dobro, clawhammer banjo, etc. I love it. I love getting new information that makes me a better musician.

But that's just me. Everyone's different.

Take care,

Seth
 #103334  by jester536

All kidding aside...jsut because we got the lyric wrong...which I actually thought was right...I'm learning a lot today...do we really have to pull the whole video. I only watched a bit but was interested in looking it over a bit more. C'mon...put it back...please.
 #103609  by gr8fulbluz

great vids thanks, I haven't gotten time to look at it completely but I dig the clarinet to guitar idea. As well, I like the re-edit, good show.

/te he/ I dont know a Claret from a Cabernet anyway, or whatever it was, I never would have know.
:-) Cheers.
 #103627  by gr8fulbluz

Thanks again for the video. I watched for the licks and stayed for the permutation.
Nah, I did not think transposing a clarinet solo would be anything 'new' but I was expecting the 'Cats Under the Stars' solo.
So i was surprised but it kept my attention all the way through which is hard to do, i usually cannot pay attention to any video for more than two minutes, instructional or other wise.
keep up the good work, it is always cool to see people working with Garcia/Weir guitar parts, keeping it alive!
Cheers!
 #103630  by Tennessee Jedi

Seth -
Over the weekend I got to jam with a killer sax player and was loving the guys phrasing - like the way he would set up his next phrase or where the phrase would end/begin ... Very Jerry Like .... even his tone had a certain Jerry vibe - dude wasnt a head at all either but he played the heck outta a bunch of Dead tunes
"Once in awhile you get shown the light In the strangest of Places if you look at it right " fits here ....
:smile: