#102816  by Counterstriker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keeZ1KjPiXc

After about 2 years I finally got onto a jbl e120 and ssp cab.

So my new jerry rig is a H&K bluesmaster (using the cabnetulator output) > Alesis Nanoverb > QSC GX3 > ssp cab with an e120.

Man the e120 sounds so great. I don't think I'll ever go back to my jensens..

Eventually I want to get a better reverb unit, any idea's?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 #102818  by strumminsix

Counterstriker wrote: (using the cabnetulator output)
why that output?
 #102962  by barefootdave

Okay so I listened to your clips, and have to say I was very impressed with the tone (your playing was nice too) from such an inexpensive product. I trolled ebay for blues machines, and found nothing. The next day I walk into Guitar Center, and they had a used H&K head that appeared to be the Blues Machine with a couple of extra options (2nd channel, spring reverb) and 160 watts of clean solid state power, so I bought it.

$199

Brought it home, plugged in a strat and hooked it to a single Vintage 30, and... instant Jerry tone, or damn close to it.

I have been resisting the urge to get a "Jerry Rig" as I kinda have my own tone now as a result of using my old Groove Tubes head (STPG) and my Dr. Z, but this ultra loud / ultra clean thing is great also. Took it to band practice yesterday and was very pleased. It has the cabinetulator output also, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks CS for posting this, I am delighted with the new rig and never would have found it if it weren't for you!

Peace.
 #102972  by Counterstriker

Thanks man! I feel the cabnetulator output is even better jerry, It adds more fatness to the notes, which I lacked with my silverface twin. Well I can't really take credit for the bluesmaster, John Kadlecik (Dark star orchestra, and now furthur) used one since summer 2008, and still uses it with furthur. I liked the idea of having a half rack space preamp and a half rack reverb unit. I bought it last year and at the time there was 3 on ebay, 2 on craigslist. Also the bluesmaster goes under the name Crunch Master, same exact thing but different name.

Now I need to get some dimarzio..
 #102973  by Counterstriker

Thanks man! I feel the cabnetulator output is even better jerry, It adds more fatness to the notes, which I lacked with my silverface twin. Well I can't really take credit for the bluesmaster, John Kadlecik (Dark star orchestra, and now furthur) used one since summer 2008, and still uses it with furthur. I liked the idea of having a half rack space preamp and a half rack reverb unit. I bought it last year and at the time there was 3 on ebay, 2 on craigslist. Also the bluesmaster goes under the name Crunch Master, same exact thing but different name.

Now I need to get some dimarzio..
 #102974  by Jon S.

Excellent! And glad you're digging your SSP cab (I love mine).
 #104836  by claytushaywood

barefootdave wrote:Okay so I listened to your clips, and have to say I was very impressed with the tone (your playing was nice too) from such an inexpensive product. I trolled ebay for blues machines, and found nothing. The next day I walk into Guitar Center, and they had a used H&K head that appeared to be the Blues Machine with a couple of extra options (2nd channel, spring reverb) and 160 watts of clean solid state power, so I bought it.

$199

Brought it home, plugged in a strat and hooked it to a single Vintage 30, and... instant Jerry tone, or damn close to it.

I have been resisting the urge to get a "Jerry Rig" as I kinda have my own tone now as a result of using my old Groove Tubes head (STPG) and my Dr. Z, but this ultra loud / ultra clean thing is great also. Took it to band practice yesterday and was very pleased. It has the cabinetulator output also, but I haven't tried it.

Thanks CS for posting this, I am delighted with the new rig and never would have found it if it weren't for you!

Peace.
What h&k model did you get? i'm really digging the blues master sound for 80's jerry tones! but i cant find one anywhere :(

anyone know if the cream machine can get the jerry sound? i can find cream machines, but i dont think id get that jerry sound without an eq!