When it doesn't fit anywhere else
 #10260  by China Cat

sorry i just saw it and couldnt resist. has anyone else here seen borat? i thikn it was hilarious, especialy his fight with azamat and his stay at the bed and breakfast. What do you guys think was the best movie of 2006?

#10261  by Benthegoodbum

I plan on going to see Borat next week. Today I decided to see Stranger Than Fiction. WAWAWEEWA What a great movie that was. I never really thought Will Ferrel could be a serious actor but he really suprised me. Did Borat pretty much follow the Ali G skits where he just does the documentary?

#10265  by China Cat

i never saw much ali g but it was similar to it, it was all set up as a documentary of borat's trip to america to find ways to solve kazakhstan's problems

#10268  by phreaker

those college kids on the RV are trying to sue for something.

It wasnt as funny as I thought. I expected to be laughing throughout the whole entire thing. It's really funny to me now, just looking back at the whole movie was about.

I'd give it 4 out of 5.

Def. worth you're money.

#10280  by BlobWeird

kazakhstan huh? Ive only heard of that country once before and it was in the book The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. Wasnt even sure if it was a real place lol. btw I suggest reading The Alchemist to anyone who enjoys fiction. What a great book it was. And if you enjoy that try The Pilgrimage.

#10282  by shakedown_04092

BlobWeird wrote:kazakhstan huh? Ive only heard of that country once before and it was in the book The Zahir by Paulo Coelho. Wasnt even sure if it was a real place lol. btw I suggest reading The Alchemist to anyone who enjoys fiction. What a great book it was. And if you enjoy that try The Pilgrimage.
Isn't Kazakhstan that country in the game "Risk" that's all the way to the right?

#10284  by China Cat

haha yeah what a great game

#10297  by whitelacestrange

absolutly hilarious.... i love the part with the bear in the ice cream truck, you know those kids were caught off gurard....

i though it was the funniest movie i've seen in a long time, def worth seeing.

#10314  by bodiddley

I must be the only one in America besides my wife (I knew I picked her for a reason) that can't stand the guy...same goes for his Ali G character.

#10331  by wisedyes

The country all the way to the right in Asia in the game "Risk" is Kamchatka. That's the Siberian coastline, essentially. Kazahkstan is a central Asian republic, former Soviet state that has very little indoor plumbing but DOES have a nuclear stockpile.

Has anyone here ever actually FINISHED a game of "Risk"?

#10332  by weedar

I have played Risk many, many times. I can probably count the
number of times we've actually finished a game on one hand..

#10333  by jck_strw

Mrs. jck_strw and I saw this movie the day it came out. I watched the Ali G show once and thought (and still think) that it was totally stoopid and not funny. I wasn't aware that Borat was also one of his characters in the Ali G show (I thought it was a new character created for the movie).

Anyhow, I love truly offensive movies like this. I like it when people make fun of stuff you're not supposed to make fun of. Caveat--I like it when it's well done, not some half-assed piece of shit. And this was some funny, well-done stuff. Not as funny as I had hoped (it was registering like 98% on the Tomato-meter at RottenTomatoes the day we saw it), but it was still pretty funny. I think that everyone's indignation at the movie though, is even funnier than the movie itself.

Whatever--we saw it at a matinee, so it was only $12 for teh both of us and worth it.

"Gypsy, who is this woman you have shrunk?"

#10406  by acidrain30005

Borat was fucking hilarious! Funniest movie to come out in theaters since Clerks II.

#10409  by spilly

Stranger than fiction was awesome. it's very original. with the narration it's more like reading a book than watching a movie. the graphs and charts that pop up was really clever, it really helped set up the character as a numerical thinker. I'll probably see Borat soon, but I'm more into movies with a good proper mind-fuck in the plot.

I recently saw Stay and I was very impressed by it, I'll have to catch it again though as I'm not sure I fully got it