#101722  by myoung6923

I finally finished all of the mods to my PRS custom 24. It more or less has all of the Tiger wiring - 3 super 2's, coil taps (3 way series,single,parallel for the middle), Waldo's buffer, OBEL, bypass... The only thing I couldn't easily do was separate the tone pots - so there's only one master tone pot... Well, a stacked dual pot actually. There was no easy way to put in a blade style selector switch so I went with a 5 way rotary. It also has the tremelo blocked.

I have to say, I like the sound and feel of this guitar better than my Resurrection Bolt!

#101723  by tcsned

Sweet - I've been considering modding my CE24. How was the control cavity space?
 #101724  by myoung6923

The space is pretty tight - enough so that I couldn't really add another pot without really smashing things together.

But there's always ways to do what you want if you just modify the design enough.

I had a guy machine a pickup ring out of aluminum also - it came out really nice.
 #101737  by tcsned

Looks great from the pics - all the mods look real organic to the guitar. Nicely done.
 #101863  by CoolBreeze

VERY nice! I always wonder why more folks don't use the PRS as a modding platform. The pickup ring turned out great- btw-

Bruce
 #102189  by Jon S.

Beautiful!

I hope it's OK that I shared your picture and story also with the good folks on the PRS Forum, Birds and Moons (where you're getting equally positive kudos). :smile:

http://forums.birdsandmoons.com/forum/s ... hp?t=84679
 #102712  by barefootdave

Wow, that's inspiring.

I have a Custom 22 that used to be my #1 and it's pretty nicked up from years of handling. I already dumped the dragon pickups years ago and went with McCartys and a 3 way LP style switch.

I also had a Resurrection Bolt, and got rid of it. For what it was worth in resale value, it just didn't play or sound good enough to keep. Not that it wasn't a nice guitar, just not right for me.

Can you post a few more pics of the finished PRS? I am thinking I may go that way...

Thanks!!

:smile:
 #102721  by tigerstrat

How was the control cavity space?
The space is pretty tight - enough so that I couldn't really add another pot without really smashing things together.
But there's always ways to do what you want if you just modify the design enough.
Word. You can also sometimes use the input jack cavity, trem cavity...
 #103358  by Jerry1996x

Very nice! Im awaiting reply on a Custom 22, same color. Looking to do similar mods. 3 super 2s, or 1 sds 1 in neck, coil splits. I bet it sounds great