#96912  by Capt Rosebuddy

Here's what you don't what it to look like...
it's a little hard to see but if you look closely, the bridge poles aren't lined up with the strings but yet they are on the poles on the middle pick up's poles.

I have to confess that I can't tell if there's any impact on the sound, to me it sounds fabulous in all pup configurations. Also as the photo shows you have to get right up to the guitar to see that there is anything amiss. The Dimarzio's are so hot that it pick's up everything just fine. That said, get a matching pair!

#96914  by gr8fullfred

Yes Captain, the F stands for Fender, especially the bridge location. I am just thinking about one Super 2 for the middle position of a Jerrycaster project. Hey wait a minute, if Jerry changed his out every couple of years, what happened to the "old" ones? BTW what kind of guitar is that anyway?
 #96939  by tcsned

When I was getting parts for my new guitar I got a Duncan single coil and 2 Duncan humbuckers and the single coil did not come close to lining up right with the Schaller bridge I am using. Thankfully the humbuckers were not F-spaced and they work fine. The bridge has adjustable string spacing and I think I could have gotten it close but the humbuckers wouldn't have fit right. Luckily I found a used match for the humbuckers for really cheap so I got it and then got two more singles and rebuilt my old Strat. Turned out ok but even though I was aware of the issue - Duncan didn't not clearly label their humbuckers as to their spacing.