Talk about the recent Tours
 #101883  by bcresci

First time seeing this particular lineup live. Nice hot night in GA. Thought the vocals sounded really nice. Song selection was good - they pulled out some nice Jerry tunes - long version of Terrapin. All in all I had a nice time - was good seeing them.

Downside was the mix. Very, very heavy on bass and drums - even when they turned Phil down he was too loud, as were the drums. JK may as well have put his guitar away he was so low in the mix - and his guitar really sounded a bit sterile. And for as good as Jeff is, they need to crank him up a bit more. Have others who have seen them come away with this impression of the mix?
 #101924  by Stevo123

I was there and thought it was a great mix! I was sitting pretty far back so everything sounded very clean, I'm sure up front probably sounded much different. I could hear Bob, which was nice. Phil had a lot of clarity and punch, not too subby. Could have been a bit louder all around, but great sound overall. Jam between Reuben and Cherise and Deal was great, Terrapin was beautiful as always. Had a blast.
 #101939  by Phil Lesh101

I Went to A Show 7/19 and 7/26/11 and Phil Sounded excelent. So im not to sure why you are saying " Phil was to loud " :?
 #101981  by Phil Lesh101

Bob and Phil Dont want JK To Be loud nor like jerry, They want the spot-light... They Deserve it.. Right?
and Bass Isn't A "Taste" It is a Key Element in every band! Bass Makes the songs!
 #102047  by hippieguy1954

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Bob and Phil Dont want JK To Be loud nor like jerry, They want the spot-light... They Deserve it.. Right?
and Bass Isn't A "Taste" It is a Key Element in every band! Bass Makes the songs!
Of course they deserve it! It's thier band!
I've seen Furthur 4 times this summer and I've heard JK plenty loud and playing very, very well. Not Jerry though!
Yes, the bass is a very key element in any band. So are the other instruments. It is the sum of all the instruments combined in a particular way that makes good music. You will never see a solo Phil show.
:smile: :smile: :smile: