#101095  by mgbills

Good Evening Everyone,
I'm currently shielding a Strat, and Tiger-a-fying it in the process. I'm hoping for some suggestions on placement for coil tap & OBEL on/off switches. The following things have come to mind...
a) I really don't want to get into the space below the pickups. I assume Im not alone in occasionally hitting the p/u selector. More stuff in that area seems to be a potential problem.
b) I'd think the OBEL switch could reside comfortably near and below the volume knob.
c) I rarely if ever move the Tone Pots...they're usually dimed. My thinking is that the space between them would be a decent location for the coil taps.

Thoughts?

I'll try to post a photo of a mock-up, but it seems that others have had issues.
Who do we pm regarding the board attachment quota?

Thanks
MB
 #101099  by GeneralGoldilocks

I know you probably thought of this, but if you want only a coil tap and not the third option on the dpdt three way mini switch, go with a 2 way push pull volume pot, but i know you probably want the three way switch.
 #101116  by mgbills

Thanks for the thought. I really am looking to do micro switches, and an electrical setup similar to Tiger.
 #101118  by hippieguy1954

Personally, I don't like push/pull pots. The always make a slap when you push them down, due to the mechanism. When you pull it up, sometimes it turns a little. When they are up, it sticks up too far. Mini toggles are a lot more user friendly. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #101141  by BDI

I was able to place 3 mini dpdt switches between the 5-way and pots pretty easily. There was a lot more room than I thought. You could also place one between the two tones. I have had no problem switching the pup selector mid-song. Dunno if this helps, but I hope you have fun with your guitar! Strats are so cool! 8)
forum/viewtopic.php?f=426&t=10346 scroll down near the bottom to see the switch layout.

Bryan