#100877  by seanc

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a GK amp. If it sounds good to you then stick with it.
If you are actually playing in a band, and your band mates are bummed about the sound. Or if you are playing out and it's not enough power then upgrade.
 #100883  by Rusty the Scoob

My first bass amp was a GK 400RBIII. I still have it, it does backup and practice-amp duty from time to time. I wouldn't put it in the rig of my dreams mostly because it's underpowered for my needs, but it's a great amp.
 #100913  by zambiland

One of my first amps was a GK 400RB and it was great through a Cerwin Vega 18 and a 15" Thiele cab with an EV. It was the first amp I had that thumped loud enough and was reasonably reliable. I also sold it for almost as much I paid for it.
 #100944  by seanc

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I Dont really Test out other amp heads. But im more worried about the band then my tone in speciffics
I have no idea what this means. Can somebody please translate?
 #100945  by seamones

Phil Lesh101 wrote:Image
Colse up, Mabey you all can tell me what they are better than me
Phil 101 can you tell us a bit about yourself, we know your rack has a power thing with 7 plug holes, but what about Phil101 the man?
 #100997  by RiverRat

Furman RR-15 and a BBE 382i Sonic Maximizer.
 #101036  by seanc

RiverRat wrote:
Furman RR-15 and a BBE 382i Sonic Maximizer...
13 years old. Oral exciter.
Really wrong. Probably illegal. Things that just should not be in the same context.
Bad bad bad bad bad
 #101045  by RiverRat

seanc wrote:
RiverRat wrote:
Furman RR-15 and a BBE 382i Sonic Maximizer.
Really wrong. Probably illegal. Things that just should not be in the same context.
Bad bad bad bad bad
The kind of topic you wouldn't touch with a 10" pole?
 #101051  by Rusty the Scoob

seanc wrote:
RiverRat wrote:
Furman RR-15 and a BBE 382i Sonic Maximizer... Modified for Sockpuppet control and TROLL tone!
Bad bad bad bad bad

Great example here of how spelling can be important. There's a pretty big difference between an Oral Exciter and an Aural Exciter. :lol:
 #101056  by Phil Lesh101

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Great example here of how spelling can be important. There's a pretty big difference between an Oral Exciter and an Aural Exciter. :lol:
[/quote]
:lol:
Im just Trying to understand all of this! im confused :lol: