#100630  by Phil Lesh101

I Just satarted today! :lol:
And with the money i make, this might not be done for a bit!! :lol:
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #100632  by seanc

I would start with the GRoove Tube pre amp. And it just so happens that I have one...
 #100753  by zambiland

What era tone are you going for?

For 60s and 70s, I'd start with Brad's SMS Classic Tube Pre. It does the Fender/Alembic thing but with more purity of tone, in other words, the things you do with the bass seem to get through the amp better. Don't forget to add an Alembic Superfilter!

For 80s and 90s, get the Groove Tube from Sean.

For more recent tones, get an Eden Navigator or even the new preamp pedal they have for $150. It's got the magic knob on it.

Let us know how it progresses!

Oh, yes. Don't forget some ungodly powerful and heavy power amp! :cool:
 #100761  by Phil Lesh101

I Already Have A GK Amp head im just assembling a rack full of Whatever i will Need :lol:
On top i have A Black Face ( 8 way) I Guess in the back of it it has 7 Plug holes for power, And one on the front. It keepes everything running at The same power level. If a fuse blows that Thing will blow Protecting My other Stuff, For 40$ its worth it! 8)
And the other thing, Is.. well im not sure. Im to lazy to walk up stairs to check it out. But i was told that it Enables your Instrament to play more Cleaner and louder without all the crap you get from you Speakers
But im looking for a Tuner to place in there next...
I Will post more pictures :cool:
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #100765  by Phil Lesh101

playingdead wrote:That's either the post of the year or someone's been having some fun with us.
I dont understand?
 #100811  by RiverRat

eeeeee wrote:For more recent tones, get an Eden Navigator or even the new preamp pedal they have for $150. It's got the magic knob on it.
Something good came out of this thread... I didn't know about the Eden WT DI box until now!
 #100835  by seanc

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I Already Have A GK Amp head im just assembling a rack full of Whatever i will Need :lol:
On top i have A Black Face ( 8 way) I Guess in the back of it it has 7 Plug holes for power, And one on the front. It keepes everything running at The same power level. If a fuse blows that Thing will blow Protecting My other Stuff, For 40$ its worth it! 8)
And the other thing, Is.. well im not sure. Im to lazy to walk up stairs to check it out. But i was told that it Enables your Instrament to play more Cleaner and louder without all the crap you get from you Speakers
Does this mean you have a power strip and maybe a compressor or maybe a noise gate?
 #100839  by broesau

Wow. That has to be the most confusing post I have ever read. All I could decipher is that you have a GK amp head. Seriously Phil Lesh 101, you've got to read what you post before you post it because you're going to have a hard time getting whatever help you need if nobody can understand what you are posting.
 #100843  by Rusty the Scoob

RiverRat wrote:
eeeeee wrote:For more recent tones, get an Eden Navigator or even the new preamp pedal they have for $150. It's got the magic knob on it.
Something good came out of this thread... I didn't know about the Eden WT DI box until now!
Me neither! :cool:
 #100846  by seamones

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I Already Have A GK Amp head im just assembling a rack full of Whatever i will Need :lol:
Agreed, post of the year.
 #100849  by seanc

101 not that I have a clue as to what you said. Or really what you are trying to do here. But you assemble a rack to do certain things. You break out each part into the component pieces and get the "best" pieces to address a need.

It sounds to me like you just want to fill a rack with a bunch of lights in order to have more gear to cart around.

A GK head is self contained and nothing else is needed. It will give you a good sound but a very specifically non Phil sound. If you seriously want to assemble a dead sound rack, you will probably want to scrap the GK and start with a more suitable preamp. That is the starting point and the heart of any system. With the right bass and preamp All that is really required is to make it louder.
 #100866  by Phil Lesh101

Thank you everyone For acknowledging my bad spelling and poor Grammer. truely Thanks!
But im not sure what The Things are called by name so the best i could do was too Describe it, but thanks
And The post of the year? Thanks it means alot :lol:
I Have A Gallien Krueger head and im not gunna ditch it just because its " not a phil tone amp " It work fine and it gives me the tone i want. I can Play Phils music without being phil cant I?