rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #100471  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:25 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote:There's a difference between making one mistake and making the same mistakes over and over.

There's also a difference between yelling at somebody and trying to help them understand what they could be doing better. Often times tough love is kinder than empty praise.
That is a week excuse. Doesn't matter if the mistake is made even several times or more. Yes, there is a difference between yelling and trying to help, SO WHY THE YELLING????

Tough love is BULLSHIT. Love is love and only kind love means anything to anyone. Also, who said anything about "empty praise"?

I don't know there Rusty, seems like ya got some anger goin on there. Just try to be kind....no matter what... and much love will come your way! There is too much anger and egocentricity going on in the world. We have to show everyone what love and kindness is!
 #100474  by strumminsix
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:55 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:I don't know, for the life of me, why when someone makes a mistake here (such as missing a few words in a post and asking the same question again) that person is yelled at and ridiculed. It is far from "KIND" and makes me embrassed to be associated with it. There is no reason for it. I've seen many posts here (amoung friends) that are a total waist of time...going back and forth with compliments and niceities that boost other egos, but when it comes to answering someone with a few extra words who missed something, it's a big deal. Well, I've dealt with big egos before and always say goodby quickly. If I hear another egocentric person here start to rant at someone who makes a mistake, I will be ending my account here and will chalk it up as another learning experience about how people are sometimes not what they claim. IF YOU CLAIM TO BE KIND, BE KIND! YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING TO!
No clue who you are talking to but my point is simple - read the whole thread, read what people write, and join in! That's how you become a part of a community.
 #100478  by Rusty the Scoob
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 am
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:There's a difference between making one mistake and making the same mistakes over and over.

There's also a difference between yelling at somebody and trying to help them understand what they could be doing better. Often times tough love is kinder than empty praise.
That is a week excuse. Doesn't matter if the mistake is made even several times or more. Yes, there is a difference between yelling and trying to help, SO WHY THE YELLING????

Tough love is BULLSHIT. Love is love and only kind love means anything to anyone. Also, who said anything about "empty praise"?

I don't know there Rusty, seems like ya got some anger goin on there. Just try to be kind....no matter what... and much love will come your way! There is too much anger and egocentricity going on in the world. We have to show everyone what love and kindness is!
I'm sorry but I don't agree with most of this. And I'm definitiely not angry. You'll know when I am! :lol:

I made a few things bold not to yell, but to make them more noticeble and therefore easier to read. I did debate before doing it since I worried it might be taken as yelling, but in the end I bolded the text anyway because I felt it was necessary for communication.

And if you think the world was only ever improved by tenderness (which is really what I meant when I said "empty praise"), I'd say that's an overly idealistic view on life. I envy you for having it, but I think you'll find there are many situations where it simply doesn't work.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Strum!
 #100489  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:24 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:There's a difference between making one mistake and making the same mistakes over and over.

There's also a difference between yelling at somebody and trying to help them understand what they could be doing better. Often times tough love is kinder than empty praise.
That is a week excuse. Doesn't matter if the mistake is made even several times or more. Yes, there is a difference between yelling and trying to help, SO WHY THE YELLING????

Tough love is BULLSHIT. Love is love and only kind love means anything to anyone. Also, who said anything about "empty praise"?

I don't know there Rusty, seems like ya got some anger goin on there. Just try to be kind....no matter what... and much love will come your way! There is too much anger and egocentricity going on in the world. We have to show everyone what love and kindness is!
I'm sorry but I don't agree with most of this. And I'm definitiely not angry. You'll know when I am! :lol:

I made a few things bold not to yell, but to make them more noticeble and therefore easier to read. I did debate before doing it since I worried it might be taken as yelling, but in the end I bolded the text anyway because I felt it was necessary for communication.

And if you think the world was only ever improved by tenderness (which is really what I meant when I said "empty praise"), I'd say that's an overly idealistic view on life. I envy you for having it, but I think you'll find there are many situations where it simply doesn't work.

Sorry for the thread hijack, Strum!
Maybe I'll buy some of your seemingly apologistic bullshit about making things bold to see better lol, but you, my friend, will be the one to realise someday (hopefully) that the idealistic views I have about life and the world are the only ones that will ultimately save us. I'm 57 yrs old and have seen enough to know. Peace/Love and have a great day! Sorry to everyone for the tangent, but I will never stop saying what I know is right when someone is being "not right". I will not respond to any further discussion of this here. If anyone wants to discuss it further we can do it in another topic.
 #100490  by playingdead
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 am
hippieguy1954 wrote: Maybe I'll buy some of your seemingly apologistic bullshit about making things bold to see better lol ...
Not a very kind thing to say, bro! Practice what you preach.
 #100492  by hippieguy1954
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:17 am
playingdead wrote:
hippieguy1954 wrote: Maybe I'll buy some of your seemingly apologistic bullshit about making things bold to see better lol ...
Not a very kind thing to say, bro! Practice what you preach.
Your right! I will! I try 24/7 and appreciate your reminder. :smile: :smile: :smile:
 #100494  by Rusty the Scoob
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 pm
I did not and will not be apologizing for anything I've said or done in this thread. I meant it all only in a helpful way and regret nothing except that you seem to have misinterpreted my intentions.
 #100497  by eric
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:33 pm
hippieguy1954 wrote: That is a week excuse. Doesn't matter if the mistake is made even several times or more. Yes, there is a difference between yelling and trying to help, SO WHY THE YELLING????
Week is spelled WEAK!!! (that's a joke)......dude, ur seriously going a bit overboard on this.
 #100498  by eric
 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 pm
Rusty the Scoob wrote:I did not and will not be apologizing for anything I've said or done in this thread. I meant it all only in a helpful way and regret nothing except that you seem to have misinterpreted my intentions.
+1

HG:
Looks like I opened a can of worms here... I was just trying to tell Lesh101 that the answer to his question could be found by simply by reading the post. It will make his life much easier. And yes, I then mixed it with a little sprinkle of good ole' fashioned ball busting,( as I would to any of my friends), all in good fun. It def doesn't have anything to do with my "ego".
I suck at guitar....that's my ego.....

It's hard to convey how you are saying things through just words. You don't get the whole picture of what people really mean.

Sick Rig!!!!!!!!
 #100521  by Phil Lesh101
 Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:51 am
Being Sort of New* The Rukind, im not sure how you put pictures up on the thread, Mabey ill put some pics up of my Phil rig 8)
 #100533  by Rusty the Scoob
 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:27 pm
I was about to upload an attachment showing how to upload attachments but I got an error that the board's quota was reached. :lol: That makes it a little harder, you have to host it on Photobucket or Flikr or somewhere, and link to it here.
 #100534  by vwjodyme
 Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm
playingdead wrote:Jeez, can we please get back on topic here?

Strum, what kind of speakers are you using?
just getting caught up on this thread and almost fell out of my seat laughing at this :lol:

good thing most of the office is on vacation or already gone for the day :lol:
 #100639  by zambiland
 Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Phil Lesh101 wrote:Being Sort of New* The Rukind, im not sure how you put pictures up on the thread, Mabey ill put some pics up of my Phil rig 8)
I'd love to see some! If you don't have a hosting site, send me a PM and you can send me the files and I'll host them for you and we can set up a link. It is frustrating that this site has reached its quota.

Jam on!

Edwin