Sell and buy at your own risk...
 #100418  by MsHalfStep

I have signed a record deal with a country band and my passion for Jerry Gear must end. All of the below listed components are less than three months old. Please email me for receipts from sound scaper and sarno if necessary.

SMS Jerry Modded Classic Tube Preamp - $675 shipped.

Mesa Boogie 50 50 power amp w/ brand new mesa tubes - $500 (shipping dependent on buyers address)

SSP Half Cab (2x12) wired for stereo or mono - $350

(2) JBL E120's with fresh rebuilt cones $200 a piece

Q Tron - $100

Korg Tone Works Rack Tuner $100

I will sell the entire lot for $1900

Pictures soon to come
 #100426  by KCJones

Why do you think you don't already have a killer Country rig. That preamp and power amp is essentially a vintage Twin which is as Country as they come. The only mod I'd make is to replace the JBLs with Tone Tubby's or some other better balaced tone speakers.
 #100432  by playingdead

He probably wants a Dr. Z ... the Z Wreck is his take on a Trainwreck amp (he used to work with Ken Fischer) ... get you a Z Wreck if you can, or a Maz Z 18 (based on the Vox AC-30), an Aqua Puss and a compressor, plug in your Crook Tele and get that killer Brad Paisley tone.

Paisley uses Celestion alnico blue speakers ... but he also has a JBL D-130 15" that he put a paper dustcap on and uses with his Z-28.

I know the Deadheads don't cross over into country land too much, especially modern country, but Paisley is a killer guitar player and his tone is to die for. Keith Urban also gets great guitar tone, he plays a Gibson LP Jr. and uses either Marshall or HiWatt heads. He's a tremendous player, too.

Totally corny video but some great licks.

#100452  by JamminJommy

I got to meet Paisley when he came through SF (my buddy is a sound engineer for CBS Radio remote broadcasting!) His rig is neat and his tone is amazing. He used to tour with AC-30s until one of them took a tumble off the truck. That said, I think he likes those Z's even more. To me, his sound is THE country sound of the 21st century.

Just love that beginning lick/tone! I don't love country, but I love this guys albums enough to buy em!

But when you look at it, us Heads have a fair amount of exposure to country, anyway.

Sorry for the tangent!

Peace,

Jommy
 #100472  by TI4-1009

JamminJommy wrote: But when you look at it, us Heads have a fair amount of exposure to country, anyway.
..thanks (or not...) to Brother Bob :wink:
 #100479  by Rusty the Scoob

TI4-1009 wrote:
JamminJommy wrote: But when you look at it, us Heads have a fair amount of exposure to country, anyway.
..thanks (or not...) to Brother Bob :wink:
Jerry was a great country player as well! Both on pedal steel and guitar.
 #100486  by rugger

The GD played country AND western :-)
An infamous quote from the Blues Bros.

Funny side note (to me anyway). I met that lady at Molly Malones in LA about 20 years ago when I was in school there. She was having some drinks with her daughter, who was much closer to my age. Mom was on the prowl and liked my long hair, got the story that she was in that movie and delivered that line. I had never been hit on by a woman twice my age before. :shock:

John in San Diego
 #100491  by strumminsix

rugger wrote:
The GD played country AND western :-)
An infamous quote from the Blues Bros.

Funny side note (to me anyway). I met that lady at Molly Malones in LA about 20 years ago when I was in school there. She was having some drinks with her daughter, who was much closer to my age. Mom was on the prowl and liked my long hair, got the story that she was in that movie and delivered that line. I had never been hit on by a woman twice my age before. :shock:

John in San Diego
Yes and YES!
 #100493  by JonnyBoy

I can vouch for ms 1/2 step... a killer player and a straight up guy to deal with. I have had the honor to play with him a few times... I think with the gigs he has coming up, plus the recording too, a combo that he can mic and hear on stage too is ideal and easier, plus the tone he wants is a little different. I agree the SMS plus power amp is ideal for almost anything, just too hard to manage set up wise and a pain in the ass to move around.
 #102996  by barefootdave

Hey 1/2 Step,

I am interested in the cab and speakers and possibly the SMS, are they still available? I also have fairly new DR Z MAZ 18 1x12 combo w/ reverb if that's the tone you're looking for. Feel free to call me at 502-643-2828 or email directly at thedavidkeith@gmail.com.

Peace,