rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #100110  by Phil Lesh101
 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:01 pm
I am going to a Concert At SPAC ( Saratoga. Performing. Arts. Center.) in July. Got Any Advice For A First show :)
I Have Seen A Dark Star Orchetra concert, Front Row ( Holding the Stage) Seats! But Nothing as big as seeing bob Weir and The boss Phil Lesh, Cant Wait to hear there tones and how much they have changed Since The 80's-90's!

im unsure what im going to see, Am i going to see old Deadheads? or A new generation of Dead Heads?
Help me out, Thanks ~ Dave
 #100111  by jefkahn
 Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:14 pm
Oh man, you'll have a blast. You'll see a lot of old heads around as well as lots of young people like yourself. Just soak it up.

And since you're a Phil-head, sit as close to the stage as you can and in front of Phil if possible. During the show let Phil be your guide.

JK
 #100112  by BDI
 Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm
I'm gonna be seeing them for the first time on the 30th :-) . Saw Ratdog before and I'm totally stoked. Is there still a big parking lot scene or has that faded out?
 #100115  by mkaufman
 Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:23 pm
Anyone going to Furthur at SPAC should check go to the Pavillion on the SPAC grounds earlier in the day. There will be a pre-Furthur music event during the afternoon. Stella Blue's Band and the Garcia Project among others will be playing!

MIK - do you have a link w/ details?

mk
 #100125  by USBLUES
 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:50 am
Will be at SPAC also, Jones Beach and Bethel .....thanks for the tip on the pavillion.
 #100136  by vwjodyme
 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 am
Furthur shows are pretty evenly split between young and old imo. a lot of college age kids come out for summer tour since they get the summer off....i should have been a teacher :?
 #100223  by Phil Lesh101
 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:08 pm
jefkahn wrote:Oh man, you'll have a blast. You'll see a lot of old heads around as well as lots of young people like yourself. Just soak it up.

And since you're a Phil-head, sit as close to the stage as you can and in front of Phil if possible. During the show let Phil be your guide.

JK
Sounds good! :lol:
Thanks, I mean im 13 and the dead... They are Easily My Life.
Thanks alot ~ Dave
 #100225  by Phil Lesh101
 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:10 pm
USBLUES wrote:Will be at SPAC also, Jones Beach and Bethel .....thanks for the tip on the pavillion.
Mabey we will meet! :lol:
 #100236  by zambiland
 Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 pm
DenverEd wrote:SPAC - my one and only time was 6/18/83 - but what an event that was....
That was a great one! I was there for 83 and 84. those were great days.
 #100260  by gr8fullfred
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:59 am
Here is some advice for the SPAC venue:

Get there early. The traffic and parking can be a nightmare. (especially for our favorite band(s) If you are late to the venue, you could end up in a long line of traffic and end up parking a long way from the entrance. Then you can end up walking for what seems like hours to get in, and later wandering around for hours looking for you car. Arrive at least 2-3 hours before the show or even earlier. Trust me on this one, been there done that!

I was there in 1988, was a great show, great tape out there. More recently saw the Dead there. The band was good in 1988 but the crowd was a nightmare. Have fun, get there early!
 #100261  by Rusty the Scoob
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 am
mkaufman wrote:Anyone going to Furthur at SPAC should check go to the Pavillion on the SPAC grounds earlier in the day. There will be a pre-Furthur music event during the afternoon. Stella Blue's Band and the Garcia Project among others will be playing!

MIK - do you have a link w/ details?

mk
I don't know if there's a link but I'll be there with basses in hand!
 #100263  by RiverRat
 Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 am
Rusty the Scoob wrote:
mkaufman wrote:Anyone going to Furthur at SPAC should check go to the Pavillion on the SPAC grounds earlier in the day. There will be a pre-Furthur music event during the afternoon. Stella Blue's Band and the Garcia Project among others will be playing!

MIK - do you have a link w/ details?

mk
I don't know if there's a link but I'll be there with basses in hand!
Image