#124977  by strumminsix

Jon S. wrote:Hurry back, strumminsix, I'm arranging this one for my band right now! Image
Hey bro! I'll try to upload one this weekend!
 #125054  by Jon S.

OK, over the past couple of days, I worked up a full arrangement of HIAB for my band. It's in a Word document. In the past, when I've tried to cut and paste from Word into a post, all of the spaces get compressed, the colors are lost, etc. and it looks like crap. Is there any better way I can to do this to share my arrangement here?
 #125055  by Jon S.

FWIW, this is what cutting and pasting the text directly into a post looks like. Same problem - where I had spaces in my Word document so those chords and tab I placed *above* the lyrics would line up right, it looked right in the box but when I submitted the post, the spaces were all deleted by the programming in what follows below. So I've gone back and replaced the spaces with dashes. Where I have D/C#, I'm finding myself actually just going down to the C#5. Hope it's helpful!

Hell in a Bucket (Weir/Barlow)
INTRO. |:| (a quick D6 right into) B / B7 / E / E-D6 |:| (last time) E-E B [hold] ///

VERSE 1
Well I was C#7 drinking last Em night with a B biker,
and I C#7 showed him a Em picture of B you.
I said, [1st pos.] E "Pal get to A know her, you'll like her" [quick!] D D/C# A B
A seemed like the least I Bb could B do. [4th pos. short sign. lead line beg. w/ quick D-Eb]

VERSE 2
‘Cause C#7 when he's Em charging his B chopper,
up and C#7 down your Em carpeted B halls,
You will [1st pos.] E think me by A contrast quite proper, [quick!] D D/C# A B
never A mind how I stumble Bb and B fall. [4th position very short sig. lick]
Never A mind how I stumble and B fall! [TOMS |||]

CHORUS
F# You imagine me sipping champagne from your boot,
------------------------D A ---- A^B | A
for A taste of your elegant pride
I may be E going to Em hell in a B bucket, A babe,
but at E least I'm en-Em-joying the B ride, A
at E least I'm en-Em-joying the B ride, A
at [A] least I'm enjoying the B ride. [TOMS ||Yeah!|]

SHORT LEAD 8X OVER INTRO. CHORDS (14th pos. - end w/“walk down”)

VERSE 3
Now C#7 miss sweet little Em soft-core pre-B-tender,
Somehow C#7 baby got Em hard as it B gets.
With her [1st pos.] E black leather A chrome-spiked - suspenders, quick!] D D/C# A B
Her A chair, and her whip, and Bb her B pets. [4th pos. short sign. lead line …]

VERSE 4
Well we C#7 know you're the Em reincar-B-nation
of the C#7 ravenous Em Catherine the B Great.
And we [1st pos.] E know how you A love your ovations [quick!] D D/C# A B
For the A Z-rated scenes you Bb cre-B-ate. [4th position very short sig. lick]
The A Z-rated scenes you cre-B-ate. [TOMS |||]

CHORUS
at [A] least I'm enjoying the B ride. [TOMS ||Yeah!|]

REFRAIN

F#m You ana-C#-lyze me, pre-E-tend to des-E-pise me, you
--------E---------------------------------------------------
--------B-------------3-p-2↓-------------------------------
--------G--------------------2-4-p-2---2---1--2-----------
--------D---------------------------------------------------
--------A---------------------------------------------------
--------E----------------------------------------------------
[1st pos.] A laugh when I stumble and fa-all.
There E may come a Em day I will B dance on your A grave
If un-E-able to Em dance, I will B crawl across it A
If un-E-able to Em dance, I will B crawl A
Un-[A]-able to dance, I'll still B crawl. [TOMS ||Yeah!|]

LONGER LEAD 16X OVER INTRO. CHORDS (14th pos.) (last time) E-E B [hold] ///

VERSE 5
You must C#7 really con-Em-sider the B circus,
for it C#7 just might be your Em kind of B zoo,
I can't [1st pos.] E think of a A place that's more perfect [quick!] D D/C# A B
for a A person as perfect Bb as B you. [4th pos. short sign. lead line …]

VERSE 6
It's C#7not like I'm Em leaving you B lonely
‘Cause I C#7 wouldn't know Em where to be-B-gin,
But I [1st pos.] E know that you'll A think of me only [quick!] D D/C# A B
when the A snakes come march-Bb-ing B in. [4th position very short sig. lick]
When the A snakes come marching B in! [TOMS |||]

CHORUS
at [A] least I'm enjoying the B ride.
JAM (like CHORUS) |:| E - Em - B - A |:| (Ride, ride, ride, at least I’m enjoying the ride)
At E least I'm en-E-joying the B [HOLD] ride!
 #125082  by easytoslip

Code: Select all
you can use the code function, I believe
to try to post a more as      is       spaced end product of a song
It's just like posting photos, with your img tags at beginning and end of your jpg address (except you use code tags). With photos you insert an address from online, which you get off a free online photo host such as photobucket or shutterfly. With this, try to just highlight/copy/paste from Word directly between the code tags. Hit preview to tweak and adjust then submit.
 #125083  by easytoslip

I've had issues with this as well, and I think my issues start when I get too creative with fonts. Keep it simple, transfers easier to many places. Just a guess
 #125090  by tigerstrat

easytoslip wrote:I've had issues with this as well, and I think my issues start when I get too creative with fonts. Keep it simple, transfers easier to many places. Just a guess
To avoid formatting nightmares, tab should pretty much ALWAYS be laid out in Courier or New Courier. HTH! :cool:
 #125092  by tigerstrat

WildEye wrote:Just wondering if anyone has 2 cents to throw in?
Totally missed your previous posts about your 7/2/87 video! Doesn't sound bad at all, but man, these 3rd gen AUD cassettes I got shortly after the tour were (and are still) absolutely incredible in the clarity and punch of the bass and all round quality. Sorry I don't know the pedigree. Probably be wise to take down your login info... the entire forum is web/google/bing searchable. Many thanks for that tasty clip... memories!!
 #160801  by gratefulredhead

Hey this is an old post I know, but I'm currently digging into Bucket for the first time. I tend to re-invent the wheel when I learn songs, and just figure it out by ear, instead of using tab, because it keeps my ears sharp. This one was giving me fits because there is so much cool subtle stuff happening in the chords. I really appreciate all the posts here, it helped a lot!

I've been using this chord in the verses instead of the C#7, (on the first line..'.I was drinking') and I really like it...give it a try.
E- 9
B- 9
G- 10
D- 9
X
X

I don't know what it's called...could call it a B b5 maj6 9....but I am not a trained theory expert, so just a guess.
 #160804  by tdcrjeff

gratefulredhead wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am I've been using this chord in the verses instead of the C#7, (on the first line..'.I was drinking') and I really like it...give it a try.
E- 9
B- 9
G- 10
D- 9
X
X

I don't know what it's called...could call it a B b5 maj6 9....but I am not a trained theory expert, so just a guess.
Actually it is a C#7 chord, just a different voicing.
E- 9 = C# (R)
B- 9 = G# (5)
G- 10 = F (3)
D- 9 = B (b7)
X
X

C#7 = R+3+5+b7 = C#+F+G#+B
jlg327 liked this
 #160805  by jlg327

gratefulredhead wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:54 am

I've been using this chord in the verses instead of the C#7, (on the first line..'.I was drinking') and I really like it...give it a try.
E- 9
B- 9
G- 10
D- 9
X
X

It's still a C#7. It's just a partial of a full-barre chord, but still contains all the necessary notes.

C# Dominant 7 ("C#7") would be: C#, E# (F), G#, B. You have those notes there, just not in that order. 4th string = B; 3rd string = E# (F); 2nd string = G#, 1st string = C#

You could play it as a barre as :

E- 9 ("C#")
B- 9 ("G#")
G- 10 ("E#")
D- 9 ("B")
A - 11 ("G#")
E - 9 ("C#")

By cutting out the 5th and 6th strings, you're just removing duplicated notes (C# and G#) - it wouldn't change the chord.
tdcrjeff liked this