#22838  by shakedown_04092

GratefulPat wrote:broomhead.. if you noticed by reading that yes they are upside down, try them the other way. are (correction: OUR) tabs are exactly the same minus one note. the second fret on the E in the first line
Man, I don't know how you make it in the real world, Pat. One wrong note and it's "this tab is awful"??? That's gotta be a tough way to live.....

My advice: settle down, smoke a joint, and come back to contribute. :D It's a great community here and we'd love to have you as part of it, but not with that kind of attitude. Hey man, nobody's perfect, nor are they trying to be (see your above post in bold).

But, regarding your tab: you and I play it the same way, at least to start. This is the exact way that the GDTRFB from "Dozin' At The Knick" starts, and then he hits the open E after a few measures, as you stated previously, so "way to go" or whatever, but if you're a fan of the GD, you know that Jer didn't exclusively play it like this all the time, which is one of the things (among many) that made him great: his openness. Kind of like music in general. And this forum.

#22846  by GratefulPat

yes i understand he didnt do it the same either time, but all i was getting at is that tab is more commonly used than the one i the site

#22849  by ebick

GratefulPat wrote:broomhead.. if you noticed by reading that yes they are upside down, try them the other way. are tabs are exactly the same minus one note. the second fret on the E in the first line
Yeah.....I mean, if you are acknowledging that what you and I have differs by one note......then I have to echo the sentiments of others here and say that calling what I have posted "horrible" on that basis is pretty fuckin' outragous, and I would invite you to frequent any other site until you "adjust" your attitude.

#22852  by Currtwuzheere

its not suppoused to be an exact tab, it just gives ppl new to learning this song something to work with. so y call a tab horrible, and y r u complaining about a tab for a song u already know? if u like how it sounds better then urs, play it, if not, keep urs. its here to help u, so dont get mad at the ppl who took all the time to type them up to try to help u. i say helpful or not, if u ever used one tab off this site, u should thank the ppl who took the time to do this, cause they didnt have to.

#22853  by BOUKINATOR

this forum is making me very angry! :P

anyone ever see that video game commercial with a guy in a big pink hershey-kiss-lookin' costume that says...

"I'll hit you both with a Buttercream Rainbow... Sic a flock of butterflies on your asses."

... that's where this all is leading

if you're going to bicker take it over to the "You stole my band name" forum (i just made myself lol)

#22857  by strumminsix

A Blackface Twin Reverb with JBL D120Fs is the greatest amp ever produced.

#22861  by owmmusic

I like Built to Last better than Skeletons from the Closet

#22864  by broomhead

GratefulPat wrote:broomhead.. if you noticed by reading that yes they are upside down, try them the other way. are tabs are exactly the same minus one note. the second fret on the E in the first line
LOL.. I know! I was being sarcastic... The joke or irony of my post is that Mine, yours and ed's tabs are all 1 note different.. "mine" combined both your notes.

It's all good.. go back to reg. scheduled discussion.. someone say mixolydian? :?

#22871  by shakedown_04092

I ate french toast yesterday for breakfast for the first time in about 2.5 years. I also had scambled eggs, bacon, and toast with a Sierra Mist to wash it down (OJ wasn't gonna cut it, I needed the fizz to digest). It was good.

I was out on Jewell Island the night before partying w/ my friends for the 2nd night - we found one night to to simply be too inefficient - of my bachelor party. Good times, great oldies, 100.9 FM.

:deadhorse

#22880  by confusions_prince

This is some drought we are having. Killed off all the crop, y'know.

How's the weather in Oregon, anybody? Rainy as it should be this time of year?

#22886  by strumminsix

I bent my wookie.

#22887  by deadguise

My band still has arguments at practice on how to play what versions of any particular song from whatever era they're partial to. The "Touch Heads" would say "this how they played it from Without a Net" and I'd counter with a "74" version.

#22889  by XxRouninxX

although the intro's vary from version to version, heres how i tend to play it

E|------------------------------
B|------------------------------
G|------------------------------
D|---------------------2--2-----
A|-------------2h4-----0--0-----
E|--0--0--3h4-------0-----------

and heres how i play the riff, pretty much the same
i think theres an extra bass note in there, and i play the D on the A string descending.

E|-------------------------------------------------
B|-------------------------------------------------
G|-------------------------------------------------
D|---------------------2----2----------------------
A|-------------2h4-------------5--4--2-----2h4-----
E|--0--0--3h4-------0-------------------4----------

now i know what dozin progression you are talkin about, i actually had a question about it somewhere in here that someone answered before.

Heres what bobby's doing (ish)

E|--------------------------
B|--9--9----9--7--5------5--
G|--9--9----9--7--6------6--
D|--9--9----9--7--6------7--
A|-----------------------7--
E|--------------------------

and jerrys doing this little whiney thing

E|----------------------------------------
B|-10--10-10-10--10-10-10--10-10-10-8\7---
G|----------------------------------------
D|----------------------------------------
A|----------------------------------------
E|----------------------------------------
cplayer2 liked this

#22893  by amyjared

I think Burnt Sienna was the best thing to happen to Crayola in a long time....
The "Touch Heads" would say "this how they played it from Without a Net" and I'd counter with a "74" version.
PS. We referred to them as "In the Dark" heads, cuz that's what they seemed like to us...

#22895  by broomhead

ebick wrote:
Yeah.....I mean, if you are acknowledging that what you and I have differs by one note......then I have to echo the sentiments of others here and say that calling what I have posted "horrible" on that basis is pretty fuckin' outrageous, and I would invite you to frequent any other site until you "adjust" your attitude.
This isn't to me??lol I'm w/ya on this. I was clearly making a joke about a tab being awful for being off by a note.