#40730  by thedead1212

check out the althea from 10/14/83 Hartford Civic Center)
 #117442  by Jimaroe

Just watched Rockpalast Althea (for the 150th time) and I'm amazed everytime. Anybody else catch something each time they watch it that Jer does on the video that just seems other-worldly? From the hidden pic trick, to the finger picking, to Bobby's slide, Phil and the rest of the crew. An argument could be made that this is musical perfection. Watching it, I'm thinking about the line, "there are things you can replace, and other's you cannot." This would be the latter.
 #117463  by mgbills

That Rockpalast video goes in my DVD player often. The longer I play guitar, the more awesome it becomes. I wish all the vids available had those shot angles. It's as though the video was made for musicians, rather than composed as entertainment. I wish the recent release wiped out all those trippy effects...if I want those effects...I'll pluck goodies from my yard. (Ancillary perk of living in the PNW.)

That Althea is great.
Peace
M
 #117651  by mijknahs

One of my favorites is Henry J. Kaiser auditorium 11/22/85. I love the intro fingerpicking (listen to the soundboard) and the solos are pretty interesting too.

Although I do love that "end jam" on the Rockpalast '81 vid. Such an intense "chord" solo on that end jam... but check out that 11/22/85.
 #122822  by SlapBands

Slap Bands
Myfunwristbands.com is selling a Wristbands products for the Holiday season we are offering a 10% additional product on any order you place

Re:

#124096  by Esparka

This video would not load. We'll find another......

caspersvapors wrote:
Rev_Roach wrote:there was a fantastic youtube video of Althea posted here not too long ago, I just tried a quick search but couldn't turn it up. anyone remember?
that one (from Rockpalast) was taken down, however a new one was posted last week thats just as good

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i7hDmdsD9d4

I consider myself an Althea connoisseur, my favorites:

3/23/87<---probably my favorite above all, Garcias guitar work makes other Altheas feel like chickenshit

10/27/91
10/14/83
Rockpalast 81

I also really like the one in the vid I posted
 #124099  by mijknahs

The 3/23/87 solos are EPIC and inspired!

I like the one from 11/22/85 for the intro picking and concise solos.
 #124152  by beaner

9-6-79 MSG, "Honest to the point of innocence". Jerry sings this real sweet, like a storyteller.
 #124176  by tigerstrat

early (slower) ones: 12/3/79, 2/26/81 (hmmm, both at the Uptown... 2/26 beats 2/28 imho)

later (slightly faster) ones: 9/12/88 Philly for sure!! that and 7/19/89 Alpine might be the best I attended. 4/14/88 Rosemont brings the heat also...