Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

 #89953  by rkubik
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:13 am
Just picked up a used Colorsound Wah off Ebay and it is in need of a little repair mechanical repair. Unfortunately, I am having a tough time finding a source for some parts. Does anyone have a good source for pedal parts such chassis parts, etc. Electronics are working fine so no issue there but it defeats the purpose when I have to adjust the pot by hand. Any help would be apprecaited.

 #89954  by hogan
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:25 am
Small bear
effects connection
pedal parts plus
 #89956  by WilliamC
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 am
Since you've got working electronics, you can skip the first three dealers hogan listed (they're all commercial electronics distributors). The last three are possibilities. Small Bear and PPP have a specific section of their stock lists for wah parts: ... +Inductors ... y_Code=WAH

If you don't see what you need at Small Bear or PPP the path of least resistance might be to first search and then post on a couple of the DIY fora like:
(here too)

You'll want to snap clear, closeups of the bits that are hosed up to post along with your questions.

Good Luck!
 #89961  by tigerstrat
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:40 am
mechanical parts have got to be the toughest.

Might have luck taking your device to a small, service-oriented hardware store and asking for advice.
 #89971  by rkubik
 Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 am
Thanks for all those who responded. This helps me out greatly.