#139868  by Dozin

Very cool SG!
 #139877  by Diggey

I'll get some pix of mine up. I have the very SG that you used as your inspiration. I love mine. I wanted it for a Duane Allman groove but Jerrified. I have to say yours looks killer! Nice mix of woods. As for my third build, I'm going with a tiger type.

After seeing your Wolf, I'm going to go with that next. I will get a 4th. I'll get pix up. Thanks and happy Father's Day to everyone. I'm one Grateful Dad here in Pittsburgh
 #139886  by TI4-1009

Ah Ha! So youuuure the one?! Thanks for the complements, look forward to seeing your pics.

"Will the circle, be unbroken, bye and bye Lord bye and bye...."
 #139955  by Diggey

If you don't mind me asking for your Wolf build, where did you find the bridge and tailpiece? Secondly the actual Wolf plate, is that through Shark Inlay? Does that screw on or how will you attach it? I like the 3-d aspect of the plate. Is that through Troy or did you order and send to him? This just looks awesome the more I stare!
 #139981  by TI4-1009

If you mean my SG/Wolf- the tailpiece (and switchplate) was from Leo at Scarlet Fire Guitars Bridge is an ABR-1 from Callaham, the wolf is one of the stickers from jocomo on ebay. All the parts sources are listed in my build thread.
 #141351  by Searing75

That's beautiful! Who built it?
 #141363  by shadowboxer

Troy has a nice looking Bolt style for sale on ebay right now, just listed in the last day or so, and wired with Dimarzio's for $1400. Cool looking guitar.
 #141381  by Jam35Gr3g0ry

Searing75 wrote:That's beautiful! Who built it?
Same guy the OP is asking about....Troy Post.

Shadowboxer & Aiq...I agree...that bolt is really sweet looking. I like the black accents, and wood colors.
 #141382  by jester536

I agree on the recent post...that Bolt looks pretty...but I'm not sure how a guy builds a guitar like that for $1400.00. That seems very cheap...inexpensive...to me.
 #141391  by Poor Peter

jester536 wrote:I agree on the recent post...that Bolt looks pretty...but I'm not sure how a guy builds a guitar like that for $1400.00. That seems very cheap...inexpensive...to me.
I don't know either, but I own one and can assure you his builds are quality. He's a one man operation w/ little to no overhead as far as I could tell when I visited him. Just cause something costs more doesn't necessarily make it better.
 #141392  by TI4-1009

I've never heard a complaint about Troy or one of his guitars.
 #141410  by milobender

If you look at the materials listing you can see quite a bit of savings there. The hardware is good, but not top of the line... the same with the woods used. Don't get me wrong, these woods are excellent woods for guitars, just not exotic and expensive. I generally have $1000 in materials for my builds, and I would bet his in this build are close to half that amount. Again, I'm not commenting on quality of build... I haven't actually held one of his guitars... I'm just commenting on the 'how can it be this price' question... and I'm very familiar with the costs involved.
 #141414  by elroy2288

I pinged him about the price and, in addition to the comments about the types of woods used and amount of layers, he said he loves making them and he thinks they are often overpriced. I have a few Jerry guitars already and another on the way, but it is really tempting, as it is really beautiful and so fairly priced. I'm amazed someone without a Jerry hasn't snatched it up.