#120099  by Sparechaynge

I don't mean to hijack, but can you divulge the source of the Cowboy and Godfather pics Tim? Are their larger versions of either available?
 #120148  by Yankee Tim

Right click and view source addy. I got them from Google searches.
 #120161  by Panicdude

Which pickups are you guys using on the Ligers? My guess is the super 2 in the middle and bridge...But what about in the neck?

Anyone using anything different in the neck or bridge?
 #120166  by Yankee Tim

Unlike Tiger, Liger has 3 dual coils. You could swap out the neck for an SDS-1 and SD2's in the other two. I just got 2 SD2s on sale from sweet water for the bridge and middle. Jury still out on what I am going to put in the neck spot
 #120195  by Tennessee Jedi

Panicdude wrote:Which pickups are you guys using on the Ligers? My guess is the super 2 in the middle and bridge...But what about in the neck?

Anyone using anything different in the neck or bridge?
Not a liger but ....
DiMarzio HS pup in the neck .... I forget which one
:D
 #120218  by Royalt1

Im installing Super Distortion in Bridge, Then Super II in middle and neck. Seeing the coil spit is already installed for neck. you will be able to get the
sds-1 or "super distortion-1".
 #120224  by Yankee Tim

Then a third SD 2 is in order.

On a budget, an SD2 in the middle gets you most of the way there since Jerry played in that position most of the time.
 #123814  by schleppy

What's the story on these Phred geetars?? I came across them on ebay the other day but can't seem to find any reviews about em anywhere except for their website...there's a couple vids on utube with the Languedoc knock-offs but nothing said about them...are they just a novelty or do they actually have decent action and tone etc? They look nice and all but I don't know if I could buy a guitar I didn't get to play and plug in...or pay $600 for $300 guitar...they look fun...my gf wants one of the Trey look-a-likes and if I end u gettin her one of those I'd have to get the wolf for myself....any of you dudes hear anything good about em?
 #123826  by eric

Check out Post Guitars. 1500 gets u a pretty sweet ride. As for the Trey , check out Equator Instruments...
 #123869  by Yankee Tim

I'm in love with my Liger. Quality on par with higher end import Epiphones. Ebony fretboard is sweet. Perfect intonation. I still haven't upgraded the pups to SD2s yet, but the stockers are actually decent .

IMHO, worth the money. And the new Ligers and Wolphs have the pre-amp and OBEL already installed. For the price of a Post you can have 2 Phreds and money for pup swap or a MuTron.

I have a blonde Trey model, and love that too.
 #124012  by schleppy

I guess if you've purchased a second guitar from Phred they must be in the up...I might have to break down and "shoot the moon" this weekend and place an order...thanks for the feeback, it's hard to find any info from buyers on these guitars..if I order one I'll be sure to give my two cents on it when she arrives.
 #124028  by tigger

The Phredo looks kinda sweet, I just wish he used hardtail bridges on his guitars.
 #124030  by Tennessee Jedi

eric wrote:Check out Post Guitars. 1500 gets u a pretty sweet ride. As for the Trey , check out Equator Instruments...
This is what I am doing for my next guitar
Been saving up hope to order soon
 #124048  by barefootdave

You are doing Post? Or Equator?
 #124062  by Tennessee Jedi

barefootdave wrote:You are doing Post? Or Equator?
Post -my bad
Tiger Style .....
Would love to get my hands on one ....
Been emailing guys who play them - so far no one has a bad thing to say
The Phreds look good too.
They sounded pretty good in the vid I saw.
:-)