#116739  by Yankee Tim

I just got sneak peak photos of the production of Wolph. Will post up tonite.

Btw- don't upgrade to ICS on your RAZR Maxx. Fucks everything right up.
 #116774  by Yankee Tim

Dunno why, but I can't log on today. Keeps sending me back to log in page. I try tomorrow. So far, the body looks spot on. It will be set neck and curly maple over swamp ash, judging by the photos.
 #116787  by tcsned

Here, this might help:

these look really cool!
 #116795  by Yankee Tim

Sorry. I guess you have to like or friend Phred Instruments to see his pics. The link worked for me, but maybe because I'm already on the friend list. These look sweet and for the price would be an awesome starting point for a full on Wolf clone.

I'm on the list for the 2nd one to go out. :)

From this point a clone of Bob's blue bolt Modulus isn't that far fetched
Or a Cowboy Phancy for that matter. Should be that hard to find decent MOP inlayers in China to bring it to fruition. Id be up for the premium ($100~) just for the inlay job.
 #116923  by Yankee Tim

A new pic of Wolph is up on Phred's FB page, and mine as well. Its really looking nice. This will be an awesome starting point to build a clone electronically.
 #116947  by guitarcats

Yankee Tim wrote:A new pic of Wolph is up on Phred's FB page, and mine as well. Its really looking nice. This will be an awesome starting point to build a clone electronically.
I don't FB so could you post a pic? I think I may need one of these to go with my Phiga :cool:
 #116950  by Yankee Tim

I'll try
For some reason I can't log in on my laptop. Keeps going back to the log in page. Odd, as I cam log in on my wifeys laptop.
 #116965  by mijknahs

I just got a Liger from Fred. Played it at band rehearsal last night. I enjoyed playing it and the tones it got. Some small details are typical of what you get from overseas guitars but overall it is nice (even without the buffer, etc.). I'll get around to putting in a buffer and OBEL.

Jim
 #117087  by mijknahs

Yankee Tim wrote:Jim, you getting the list for a Wolph too?
No. I'm satisfied with my Liger. I have a neck through Strat copy that is similar to a Wolf. It's my poor man's Wolf.

I put some 10's on the Liger and adjusted the action a bit. It's a pretty good backup and gets a decent Jerry tone.
 #117119  by Yankee Tim

Wolph front

Wolph back

can't wait to see the finished piece. Gotta be the sweetest Phred I've seen so far.

Of course, the Langueknoc is pretty sweet in its own right

#120092  by freddyrose76

For those of you who don't use Facebook...Here's what the Wolph Prototype looks like.

The production model will have silver color chrome knobs and a 5-way switch plate in black plastic with a white switch cap. Planning to have the headstock be more brown in color and the side of the body a matching brown. Also planning on shipping with a separate H-H-H pickup mounting ring for those who want to mod with all humbuckers. Hope to have these ready by the end of 2012.