#158729  by Gypsykid136

Hello all,
I am the proud and extremely lucky owner of this beautiful instrument made by augustwest1 here in the forum. Just wanted to put the word out there for anyone looking for a Wolf replica to consider one of these guitars, especially since some of the more well-known builders, like Moriarty, who were making Wolfs no longer do so.
The craftsmanship that has gone into this guitar is second to none. One thing that really stood out to me about this guitar was the “correctness” of the geometry/overall shape of the guitar (at least to my eye). All the proportions and ratios, right down to the thickness of the veneers, look right to me. You can tell a lot of time went into getting the shape just right, and it was an important factor to me and major selling point.
No detail of the build process has been over looked here either. You can tell the amount of love and care that goes into these hand-built instruments, both esthetically and in the way of playability. The wood selection is indescribable….figuring that is full of depth and character with the perfect natural color/tone. The fretboard binding and inlay work really top things off. All of the hardware is of the highest quality that you would expect to be on a guitar like this, and the electronics are just as they should be, right down to the wald-buffer and the bare 10 gauge copper ground wire inside.
The tone is spot on. Period. I just finished building a 2x12 HT-style cab and currently have: this guitar -> fyd pre -> mc250 -> e120’s. Pure. Magic. I can’t put the guitar down. My lawn needs a mow and the house needs paint but I’m just playing guitar all the time!!! The playability is amazing and comfortable. Everything was set-up nice right out of the case with beautifully dressed frets, perfect intonation, the whole nine yards. It’s a dream to play. I hope to make a video in the coming weeks worth posting on the board for you all to hear.
I have been after a guitar like this for 20+ years and it’s is everything I imagined it would be….and so much more. Thank you Bob!!!!
strumminsix, Free Jazz liked this
 #159895  by Chutley

As the extremely lucky owner of this new Wolf, I have to give tremendous thanks to Bob. First of all, the beauty and quality of this guitar is not possible to capture in the pictures (although it is a good start :-) ). I picked the guitar up yesterday, and am still blown away by the incredible attention to detail put into every aspect of this instrument. I am by no means a professional musician, but the "playability" of this Wolf is striking. I could not be happier... Finally, the entire experience of working with Bob has been top notch. I am lucky to live only about an hour away, so I was able to meet him and pick up the guitar in person. We got to see his workshop, and he walked us through the build process. Again, the incredible amount of care and attention to detail put into his work is simply amazing.

Bob - thanks so much for the privilege of purchasing this Wolf from you. The guitar is perfect, and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you.
 #161171  by TI4-1009

Another beauty! Looking forward to that Tiger.

Craftsmanship and artistry.
 #161173  by Chutley

Beautiful. Fantastic work once again, Bob.
 #163555  by augustwest1

Here we go again...

A couple minor differences from the others. The maple veneer used on the back of the headstock and the wolf inlay is made from the same board as the neck itself.

And the brass eagle finally got an eye!

tntawney, brianb, Gypsykid136 and 4 others liked this