#159510  by gratefulredhead

Hi friends,

I found a '79 Aria Pro II TS600 and gave it to Brian at IO for the full Jerry treatment. He did a fantastic job, was really cool to deal with and his fees are way reasonable. I am in love with this guitar. He made a new brass bridge and saddle for it, brass nut etc. Total redo of the guts and a beautiful inlay.

Here's a facebook video of it at it's debut show on Dec 16th. I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.facebook.com/winterland73/v ... ed_comment
Jon S., tommybo liked this
 #159520  by Jon S.

Wow, that's awesome! :hail:
 #159579  by shadowboxer

I was just checking the board when I saw this thread. I had forgotten about our exchange of messages before you bought the Aria. Glad it all worked out well. It is a good guitar with a nice neck, a great platform for this kind of mod. Did you end up using any part of the original bridge or did it get replaced in full?
 #159580  by gratefulredhead

shadowboxer wrote:I was just checking the board when I saw this thread. I had forgotten about our exchange of messages before you bought the Aria. Glad it all worked out well. It is a good guitar with a nice neck, a great platform for this kind of mod. Did you end up using any part of the original bridge or did it get replaced in full?
Brian constructed an entirely new bridge and saddles. The original was junk, as you know. Thanks for the kind words! I do love the neck
 #159664  by zambiland

gratefulredhead wrote:Hi friends,

I found a '79 Aria Pro II TS600 and gave it to Brian at IO for the full Jerry treatment. He did a fantastic job, was really cool to deal with and his fees are way reasonable. I am in love with this guitar. He made a new brass bridge and saddle for it, brass nut etc. Total redo of the guts and a beautiful inlay.

Here's a facebook video of it at it's debut show on Dec 16th. I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.facebook.com/winterland73/v ... ed_comment
Sounds great! Nice to see you play, it's been a minute.
 #159801  by pablomago

Nevermind. I found it and sent him a message. He's up in Laramie, less then an hour away. Thanks for the tip!

You guys sound good on that You Tube video. Do you know a bass player named Dan Berkowitz? He's an old friend and former bandmate. If you do, ask him about the King Salmon Nuke Spooks.
 #159804  by gratefulredhead

Hey man, I'm glad you got ahold of Brian, sorry I didn't see your post until now. He is fantastic, I'm sure you'll be glad you contacted him. I do know Dan! Small world. He plays in a long established band here in Iowa City called the Tornadoes. I'll definitely tell him I ran into you on these boards. Did you know him in California?

Thanks for the nice compliment too. Have a great day!