#100504  by vwjodyme

since you just reconed maybe you know the answer to my dumb question, what are those 2 drip marks on all speakers? i figure it has to serve a purpose since if it was just from over gluing someone would have figured out how to clean it up by now.
 #100505  by hogan

vwjodyme wrote:since you just reconed maybe you know the answer to my dumb question, what are those 2 drip marks on all speakers? i figure it has to serve a purpose since if it was just from over gluing someone would have figured out how to clean it up by now.
Those are the wires from the voice coil that connect to the terminals on the frame. THey are delicate and the bedding in glue protects them and heals the holes in the cone which they pass through.
 #111983  by eric

So something just occurs to me .. I dont think I'm running in parallel .. I have each side of my SS power amp running to its own single speaker.. So that would mean I'm actually creating an 8 ohm load at the amp.. Is this right? Am I that thick that I was running 8 ohms the whole time? Which actually might have been a good thing , seeming the power rating of my amp vs speaker power rating..
 #111993  by hippieguy1954

eric wrote:So something just occurs to me .. I dont think I'm running in parallel .. I have each side of my SS power amp running to its own single speaker.. So that would mean I'm actually creating an 8 ohm load at the amp.. Is this right? Am I that thick that I was running 8 ohms the whole time? Which actually might have been a good thing , seeming the power rating of my amp vs speaker power rating..
You are correct, that is not parallel. And, Yes, you are drawing 8 ohms if each speaker is 8 ohms.

If you wired the speakers together in parallel you would be drawing a 4 ohm load.

Crown XLS 1000 Provides 215W/channel at 8 ohms, 350W/channel at 4 ohms, 700W at 8 ohms bridged.

:smile: :smile: :smile: