#154004  by BisforBoogie

It looks like you can now, once again, buy the 12" NeoMag from Weber.

http://www.tedweber.com/speakers/neomag-series

The 12" and 15" models haven't been available new from Weber for years. I'm not exactly sure how recently they've come back (days/weeks) but I've perused the Weber site off-and-on for the past 6 months or so and I know that they weren't there last time I looked.

Just figured that some folks 'round here might be interested...
 #158790  by RLW

I've just ordered 3 for a new SSP 3x12 cab ... will report back after it's set up. Will play various amps through the cab - have a Deluxe Reverb 68 ri, Mesa Mark V 10/45/90, and SMS JG Mod Pre into Carvin ... between all that gear there should nice a few decent samples of how it all sounds.
 #158792  by Rusty the Scoob

I'll be curious, as a bass player I use all Neodynum speakers and I firmly believe all that heavy copper has no effect on tone at all compared to the Alnico, cone shape/construction, aluminum dome, etc. But I've never heard a NeoMag in person yet.
 #158793  by Jon S.

Remember the Neomag is modeled after the D120. Don't expect it to sound like an E or K.

OK, so this is just an informal pool performance and I'm straining on the lyrics (a bit above my normal range). But in the clip below, I'm playing through a pair of 12" Neomags being driven by an SMS into a Rocktron Velocity (1st lead at 4:00).

#158795  by RLW

FrettyBoy wrote:I'm not seeing the NEOMAGs available on the Weber site anywhere.

I'm wrong - my order was Alnico California 12 - D120 clone - so yes, it's D, not E -