#148834  by cripeowner

I have 2 K120s & 2 E120s. I recently got a Beyma and have to say I like it. As the E & Ks age and the stock of re-cone kits disappear it's certainly worth a look. It's not exactly the same but I have in a 2x12 with 1 E and I like how it sounds. My 2 cents. Anyone know about the re-cone kit situation? Any luck re-coning E with satisfaction?
 #148835  by NSP

cripeowner wrote:I have 2 K120s & 2 E120s. I recently got a Beyma and have to say I like it. As the E & Ks age and the stock of re-cone kits disappear it's certainly worth a look. It's not exactly the same but I have in a 2x12 with 1 E and I like how it sounds. My 2 cents. Anyone know about the re-cone kit situation? Any luck re-coning E with satisfaction?
I've had Orange County do a re-cone on one of my E120's with the aftermarket kit and it sounds great. Next to one of my original cone E's is actually hard to tell a difference once it was broken in a bit.
http://www.speakerrepair.com/
 #148836  by tcsned

I have a Hogan 2x12 cab with Beyma Liberty speakers. I love them. I haven't ever done a side by side comparison to JBLs but they make me happy.