#142248  by hippieguy1954

Maybe i wasn't clear. $200 your cost per speaker. JBL's or the Beyma Liberty 8's. I pay the shipping cost and the paypal fee. That is a fair deal. I don't need to sell these. I'm just trying to help ya out.

Personally, I would get the Liberty 8's. I have several and am willing to part with one or two. They are like having brand new JBL E120's.

Either way, I hope it works out for ya and ya get lucky with the ones you have. :smile:

Edit: Id be willing to do $300 your cost on the JBL E120's if ya bought two.

Edit again!
Have you tried contacting the seller? I don't know how long you have had them, but buyer protection aside, you could explain the situation the seller (that you didn't get a chance until recently to test them etc). If the seller is honest at all he/she should/could/might compensate you for selling you a defective speaker/speakers. Unless of course there were any sort of "as is" or "not tested" or "you're on your own" stipulations. Worth a try.
 #143413  by zambiland

NSP wrote:I've had a speaker redone by Orange County and they did a fantastic job - http://www.speakerrepair.com/

They used the aftermarket kit and comparing it to my original E120 there is not a significant difference. Been gigging with it for about two years without issue.
That's been my experience with them reconing a D140 with their D/K aftermarket kit. They also recharged the magnet and that seemed to help as well. At least I feel like I can pound the hell out of the speaker and not be too upset if it blows. I still have a couple of JBLs with original cones, but the recones do well enough to my ear.