#132202  by Smolder

I have three princetons... one a non reverb... I still have the D110 and K110's that I'd hoped were the right match. I could never get them to sound right. Brad (@Sarno) mentioned that one of the keys is the four inch voice coil and the 110's have a three inch voice coil. I'd agree... to the point that the D/K130's also have the four inch and do work.

Your 68, has a removable speaker baffle (unlike later silverface fenders). Larry Rogers (rogers amplifiers) makes fantastic replacement baffles with really nice aged grill cloth for blackface and silverface amps. If you want 'that' tone we are all chasing here, I highly recommend getting a new baffle and using a 12" alnico JBL.
 #132205  by Smolder

It's a great choice... and I don't think an E120 will fit anyway. Also... if you've upgraded the OT (like many have) it may be in the way of a d/k120 but it can be moved slightly.
 #132209  by tigerstrat

I'm really liking the Weber Ferromax 50w@8ohm 10" that I dropped into my '83 Super Champ.
 #132283  by rugger

I put a WGS G10C in mine and have been very happy. It's based off an Eminence Ragin' Cajun. It's a high efficiency speaker with a tight bottom end--turned my Princeton Reverb into my main gigging amp for small venues.

John in San Diego
 #132284  by strumminsix

tigerstrat wrote:I'm really liking the Weber Ferromax 50w@8ohm 10" that I dropped into my '83 Super Champ.
I've got a 12" Weber Ferromax in my Fargen DR amp that is pretty awesome sounding I must say...
 #132290  by TI4-1009

Does Weber still make the Ferromax? I can't find it on the website. Is it the California ceramic now?
 #132297  by tigerstrat

TI4-1009 wrote:Does Weber still make the Ferromax? I can't find it on the website. Is it the California ceramic now?
These are actually from Weber's "Vintage" series... "Ferromax" seems to be their code for the ceramic magnet option. Model # on mine is 10F150T
 #132301  by Chinarider1A

Smolder wrote:I have three princetons... one a non reverb... I still have the D110 and K110's that I'd hoped were the right match. I could never get them to sound right. Brad (@Sarno) mentioned that one of the keys is the four inch voice coil and the 110's have a three inch voice coil. I'd agree... to the point that the D/K130's also have the four inch and do work.

Your 68, has a removable speaker baffle (unlike later silverface fenders). Larry Rogers (rogers amplifiers) makes fantastic replacement baffles with really nice aged grill cloth for blackface and silverface amps. If you want 'that' tone we are all chasing here, I highly recommend getting a new baffle and using a 12" alnico JBL.

I have gone ahead with Smolders recommnedation and purchased a baffle for a 12". Now I have the choice of a E120, a K120 or a Weber Neomag. Thanks for everyones help on here; what a great group!
 #134622  by Rick Turner

I have one of the three "Super Bear" Princeton Reverbs with a D-120 in it. Bear beefed up the power supply and added a midrange pot and treble boost switch. Hell of a nice amp, and it came from himself. I do need to get it rewired with the chassis grounded; it's a shock machine as is, but it sounds really good with my Vibro King...