#101667  by Phil Lesh101

Oh makes sence now, I Know They Are Strings I Saw Them On Your Basses! :lol:
Im not sure What Kind To Buy Though
 #101708  by Rusty the Scoob

For you, I would try Ken Smith Slick Rounds. They're what Phil has used for a long time (I'm pretty sure), and they're the next strings that are going on my 5-string. I have them on a backup 5-string and they are nice.
 #103441  by Rusty the Scoob

Ah, kid, I say this with respect, but you are by far the world's WORST detective. :lol: If I ever commit a crime, I hope you're the one trying to catch me. :-)

Right there in the middle of the page:
Nickel-iron alloy round wound, ground on the outer surface for a super smooth feel. Sound is fat and brighter than flat wound strings. Silk wrapped at both ends to protect your valuable hardware.

For five and six string basses add a low 'B' and/or a high 'C' to mix with any of the four string sets listed. Click http://www.juststrings.com/slickroundke ... rings.html for single strings.
 #103492  by zambiland

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Ah, kid, I say this with respect, but you are by far the world's WORST detective. :lol: If I ever commit a crime, I hope you're the one trying to catch me. :-)

Nickel-iron alloy round wound, ground on the outer surface for a super smooth feel. Sound is fat and brighter than flat wound strings. Silk wrapped at both ends to protect your valuable hardware.

For five and six string basses add a low 'B' and/or a high 'C' to mix with any of the four string sets listed. Click http://www.juststrings.com/slickroundke ... rings.html for single strings.
Yup just ordered a 6 string set 2 days ago. Haven't tried them on a Modulus yet.
 #103537  by seanc

Please let us know how they work out..
My modulus is getting ready for a new pair of shoes too.
 #103538  by seanc

But.. Just to add a report.. DR Sunbeams

I put a set of the Sunbeams on my fretless (6String). While putting on the Low B, the sting broke. Came unraveled right at the turn of the post! It broke in such a way that there was no way to salvage the string. So it is now strung with 5 sunbeams and one round B string. The upside of this is it gives a good way to compare them round vs Sunbeams.

and as it turns out my Fretless Ritter ended up landing with a set of them as well.

But, I am on the fence here. They feel kind of in between round and flats. they are kind of bizarre, really.. They sound, to my ears, more like round wound than flats.

Not bad at all, but not what I am looking for.
 #103621  by Phil Lesh101

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Ah, kid, I say this with respect, but you are by far the world's WORST detective. :lol: If I ever commit a crime, I hope you're the one trying to catch me. :-)

Wow. Thats one way to set me down easy.... Thanks scoob.
 #103629  by Rusty the Scoob

No problem..... it just made me laugh, no offense was intended. :lol:

My Sadowsky J is getting a set of Slick Rounds this weekend for a one-off Phish tribute that I'm doing soon... we'll see how it goes. It's not the ideal bass but I can't quite justify a Q5 just for one gig. 8)