#61335  by playingdead

But probably not sound like him. You're missing two strings.

But why drop $20k for a Ritter bass? This would be good for a Halloween costume.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-made-4-Strin ... 0101642138
 #61338  by Rusty the Scoob

:lol: That's an interesting find! Would be a pretty cool gimmick. Especially if you had someone sit in who sounds like Warren. :cool:

Bass geek talk: Somehow I doubt that 25" is the correct scale length. 34" is standard Fender, 30.5" is shortscale Gibson, 35" is most Modulus (but not Phil, his were custom made to 34")
 #61341  by RiverRat

Rusty the Scoob wrote::lol: That's an interesting find! Would be a pretty cool gimmick. Especially if you had someone sit in who sounds like Warren. :cool:

Bass geek talk: Somehow I doubt that 25" is the correct scale length. 34" is standard Fender, 30.5" is shortscale Gibson, 35" is most Modulus (but not Phil, his were custom made to 34")
Judging by the size of things, I think the 25" might be a misprint.

The shortsest scale bass EXCLUDING the Dearmand Ashbory, is the Ibanez MicroBass at a shade under 28"
 #61374  by strumminsix

paulinnc wrote:I am guessing those are asian made knock offs. I did see one guitar on there that I liked.
HA!! So did I. Almost went for it but she has a rosewood fingerboard and I don't like rosewoods...
 #61389  by Rusty the Scoob

Hmmm... do they have an acrylic Steinberger bass? If I could find a cheapo Steinie copy in a 5-string I'd be all over it... great backup, maybe even motorcycle-friendly for band practices...
 #61393  by strumminsix

Rusty the Scoob wrote:Hmmm... do they have an acrylic Steinberger bass? If I could find a cheapo Steinie copy in a 5-string I'd be all over it... great backup, maybe even motorcycle-friendly for band practices...
Yes they do make one. Gotta look at all their items for sale!