#152107  by Tonetodiefor

As the owner and seller of the instrument listed on Ebay... It's a shame to come across the posts above. Bullshit? Off by a decade?
Obviously neither of you knew Doug or ever hung around his shop in those days. I can only assume statements like that come from the bliss of ignorance. If you care to express distaste in such a fashion, feel free. Be by guest and flame on...

But for those who are truly informed and know about this instrument or others that were built in the late 70's, I would love to hear from you. I feel fortunate to have owned it all of these years and it has served me very well. Times have changed as well as my bass guitar needs... that's why it's up for sale.

Peace
 #152110  by lightningbolt

This is the opening statement in your Ebay Ad:

"This is the very last Doug Irwin instrument completed by the master himself. I contacted Doug in his Santa Rosa shop to build it in the summer of 1977 and it was completed in his Geyserville shop in 1980. "

Doug delivered Rosebud to Jerry in 1989, almost a decade after the hyperbole in your statement.

With that said, the bass is beautiful and we all would love to own an Irwin.

I was not trying to ruffle your feathers but your Ad is not truthful.....intentionally or not.