#117681  by Phil Lesh101

I have had the book for a long time and though I might start reading it, I was streaming youtube and found the audio book read by Phil himself! Even though Phil skips a few paragraphs every other page or so... he stick to the important parts. If you don't have the book I suggest spending some time and listen to Phil tell you "His Life With The Grateful Dead" :smile:
It's very emotional and inspiring listening to Phil read the book he wrote.

#117687  by mrMix

Great book - offers fascinating perspective and sometimes challenges the notion of who the "leader" of the band was over the years...
 #117689  by Rusty the Scoob

I've read it AND bought the audiobook. Both are very cool. His voice narrating it is exactly how I heard it while I read it. Definitley in the top 3 of GD books. (although I might be biased! :lol: )
 #117711  by mijknahs

Rusty the Scoob wrote:I've read it AND bought the audiobook. Both are very cool. His voice narrating it is exactly how I heard it while I read it. Definitley in the top 3 of GD books. (although I might be biased! :lol: )
What are the other 2 (of the top 3)?
 #117712  by Rusty the Scoob

mijknahs wrote:
Rusty the Scoob wrote:I've read it AND bought the audiobook. Both are very cool. His voice narrating it is exactly how I heard it while I read it. Definitley in the top 3 of GD books. (although I might be biased! :lol: )
Phil: Searching for the Sound
McNally/Scrib: his book as MKaufman mentioned, I forget the title
Blair Jackson: Garcia
Steve Parrish: whatever his book is called. It's fairly new so not a lot of people have read it yet, but it's fascinating and a great read as well.

So that's my top 3 which I guess includes 4 books, now that I think about it. :lol:
 #117714  by mijknahs

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
mijknahs wrote:
Phil: Searching for the Sound
McNally/Scrib: his book as MKaufman mentioned, I forget the title
Blair Jackson: Garcia
Steve Parrish: whatever his book is called. It's fairly new so not a lot of people have read it yet, but it's fascinating and a great read as well.

So that's my top 3 which I guess includes 4 books, now that I think about it. :lol:

Thanks. One of my favorites from back in the day is "Playing in the Band" by David Gans.
 #117715  by jackevorkian

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I have had the book for a long time and though I might start reading it, I was streaming youtube and found the audio book read by Phil himself! Even though Phil skips a few paragraphs every other page or so... he stick to the important parts. If you don't have the book I suggest spending some time and listen to Phil tell you "His Life With The Grateful Dead" :smile:
It's very emotional and inspiring listening to Phil read the book he wrote.

As tempting as this audio book might be, both you and The Stag could really benefit from reading a book or two.
 #117718  by NSP

Rusty the Scoob wrote: Steve Parrish: whatever his book is called. It's fairly new so not a lot of people have read it yet, but it's fascinating and a great read as well.
I believe it's called "Home Before Daylight". Loved that one, lots of great stories from Parish. He's certainly had a long strange trip.
 #117725  by jerrys.kids

Since we are on the topic of books. I am well into Gregg Allmans book and was a little surprised to read that he wasn't very fond of Jerry. He also didn't even mention the 73' RFK shows with the Dead that I think are pretty good. He really loved the "doojee" though. Not a bad read so far. Anybody reading this??
 #117774  by jeffm725

jerrys.kids wrote:Since we are on the topic of books. I am well into Gregg Allmans book and was a little surprised to read that he wasn't very fond of Jerry. He also didn't even mention the 73' RFK shows with the Dead that I think are pretty good. He really loved the "doojee" though. Not a bad read so far. Anybody reading this??
that's because Jerry called Gregg a "narc" :lol: (gregg testified against a band employee who sold him drugs)
 #117777  by Tennessee Jedi

jeffm725 wrote:
jerrys.kids wrote:Since we are on the topic of books. I am well into Gregg Allmans book and was a little surprised to read that he wasn't very fond of Jerry. He also didn't even mention the 73' RFK shows with the Dead that I think are pretty good. He really loved the "doojee" though. Not a bad read so far. Anybody reading this??
that's because Jerry called Gregg a "narc" :lol: (gregg testified against a band employee who sold him drugs)
http://archive.org/post/329415/gregg-al ... y-non-dead