#115350  by Phil Lesh101

Hello fellow rukind members!
I am selling this Jack Casady Epiphone that I picked up not to long ago, what appeared to be my dream bass just didn't have that feel or the play I was looking for. :oops:
This bass plays mighty fine and delivers CRISP tones, also it is in MINT condition and comes with the Jack Casady case.
Price is 750$
If you are interested message me for >furthur< info 8)

The pictures always zoom in closer than I want them too :? So that is best i can do!
Last edited by Phil Lesh101 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #115355  by Phil Lesh101

I haven't tried anything! It isn't my style and I don't see myself playing it in the future. With the money I get from this I'll buy myself another bass for me! :smile:
 #115360  by TI4-1009

Try the Garage Sale section?

Damn, I wish they would make this in a lefty. I've begged.... Saw Jorma and Jack acoustic a few months ago, he sounded great.
 #115396  by Rusty the Scoob

Phil Lesh101 wrote:I haven't tried anything! It isn't my style and I don't see myself playing it in the future. With the money I get from this I'll buy myself another bass for me! :smile:
My Starfire (that fits into an Epi Casady case) still feels weird to me ergonomically after 2 years and well over 100 gigs, but that SOUND, man... Even Scott Murawski raved about it!

But it has to have flatwounds. It's useless with the wrong strings on it.
 #115411  by Phil Lesh101

Oh I know this bass is no piece of junk! It is excellent, but someone else will appreciate it more than me :roll:
 #115555  by Rusty the Scoob

Charlie wrote:I love the look of F hole style electric basses but I am yet to find one that sounds good and feels good to play.
That depends on your definition of "Sounds good". Soundmen rave about my Starfire all the time, as well as audience members and even Scott Murawski. It doesn't sound like a Fender and I'm not crazy about it without a pick, but it sure does the job.

Feels good to play - I'll give you that. My body shape fits P-basses a lot better. But the tone sure is worth it.
 #115660  by Charlie

Rusty the Scoob wrote:
Charlie wrote:I love the look of F hole style electric basses but I am yet to find one that sounds good and feels good to play.
That depends on your definition of "Sounds good". Soundmen rave about my Starfire all the time, as well as audience members and even Scott Murawski. It doesn't sound like a Fender and I'm not crazy about it without a pick, but it sure does the job.

Feels good to play - I'll give you that. My body shape fits P-basses a lot better. But the tone sure is worth it.
Point taken. I'm very much a finger style P bass kind of guy.
 #115665  by Rusty the Scoob

Charlie wrote: Point taken. I'm very much a finger style P bass kind of guy.
Me too, man, but I'm glad that I branched out. Transitioning to a pick was easier than I expected... in the end you're just vibrating strings either way.

And I'm also glad that I get to go back "home" to a P-bass to play JGB material. :wink:
 #115794  by zambiland

You've never played my Starfire with Alembic Series II guts. Everyone who plays it loves it and everyone who hears it loves the sound.

Last weekend I did an experiment where I ran each pickup through an SF 2 channel, F2B channel and fEARful 15/6/1 that I had spread on either side of the drum kit. Great sound!
 #119375  by moonliner

Edwin, is that you? This is Keith, from the Alembic forum. I thought I'd come over here and test the waters... seems like a great place... lots and lots of info!
Would love to hear that Starfire you put together. Do you have any clips up on the Y Tube?

Cheers!

Keith