#95151  by Rusty the Scoob

I stumbled across this while looking for a chord chart, the most GD bass tabs I've ever seen in one place. I do not vouch for their accuracy or usefulness or the safety of the site. Just thought I'd pass it along for the tab-seekers as it was not easy to find.

http://www.tabs-database.com/grateful-dead-bass.html
 #95152  by strumminsix

Is that Dark Star correct? Doesn't Phil accent an E for the second half of the verses?
 #95154  by zambiland

They don't seem very accurate at all. Some of them aren't even the bass lines, but guitar lines. However, doing a comprehensive transcription of Phil's parts would not be trivial. I don't really find them worth writing out as they change so much from version to version. I think there is a transcription of Scarlet in Bass Player magazine, but I've never played through it.
 #95155  by Rusty the Scoob

You guys have already looked closer than I did... I just clicked on Truckin and it doesn't look particularly correct but at least it's in the right key.

Ok, I checked out a few others. Some stuff is down an octave from where it should be, some is half-assed or wrong... but if somebody absolutely insists on tab I guess it might get them started.
 #95157  by ugly rumor

I think Phil's problem is he never had access to his tabs. Maybe we could get him this site??