rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#89143  by CoolBreeze
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:36 am
It looks like bobby at least soundchecked with a Les Paul last night- not something you normally see.

Just thought that was interesting-

Bruce
Attachments
soundcheck2.jpg
soundcheck2.jpg (57.45 KiB) Viewed 2405 times
 #89146  by Dozin
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:43 am
He should be getting his new Strat in Chicago. The neck is swamp ash, graphite T and Brazilian Rose wood
 #89149  by Grateful Dad
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:49 am
CoolBreeze wrote:It looks like bobby at least soundchecked with a Les Paul last night- not something you normally see.

Bruce
Maybe Bobby is playing the Les Paul in a tribute to Neil Young who lost alot of gear and vintage cars in his warehouse fire the other day?

Tough break for Neil.
 #89150  by strumminsix
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:51 am
Dozin wrote:He should be getting his new Strat in Chicago. The neck is swamp ash, graphite T and Brazilian Rose wood
Graphite T?

I'll be at both show to report :-)
 #89151  by CoolBreeze
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 am
That sounds sweet. I'll be seeing them tomorrow night in St Louis, but am intrigued by this new strat!

Bruce
 #89158  by Dozin
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:41 am
A graphite T section is like the Modulus Genesis necks. Graphite that runs through the neck into the body.

I'll post a pic of the new Strat when I get a chance here
 #89159  by strumminsix
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:11 am
Dozin wrote:A graphite T section is like the Modulus Genesis necks. Graphite that runs through the neck into the body.

I'll post a pic of the new Strat when I get a chance here
Ahh, didn't know what they were called! Have to say, that's about teh best design I've ever played!

Very cool! Would love a pic!
 #89165  by tigerstrat
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:54 am
Grateful Dad wrote:
CoolBreeze wrote:It looks like bobby at least soundchecked with a Les Paul last night- not something you normally see.

Bruce
Maybe Bobby is playing the Les Paul in a tribute to Neil Young who lost alot of gear and vintage cars in his warehouse fire the other day?

Tough break for Neil.
The story I heard on NPR said they saved most of Neil's stuff, but one of his vintage cars got it pretty bad.

Bobby's first Les Paul since his black Custom in summer of 1971.
 #89168  by tcsned
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 am
Way to go Bobby! Les Paul's are awesome guitars. I've had my '78 since 1982 and it's still one of my favorites - I'll have to take it to a gig soon now that I have the SMS Classic working. It's my favorite production guitar ever made.
 #89187  by jackr
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:55 pm
tcsned wrote:Les Paul's are awesome guitars.
This is how I judge guitars. It is simple. Which one do I play the most? I have had some of the most expensive guitars, customs and production. Since I am a guitar dealer I have tons of guitars around and many that kind of just pass through.

I play EVERY day. I have a room with a half dozen of my favorite guitars hanging on the wall including a SRV Strat, Ressurection Strat and Ressurectin Bolt amongst other. I do play them and love them all. But mostly I pick up my les paul. Its a 58 reissue Warren Haynes sig model. That is also my guitar of choice when I gig. I dont consciously say I am going to play this or that guitar, its whatever the moment strikes me to play and I pull off the wall. And most of the time its the LP.
 #89209  by Dozin
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:47 pm
Bob hasn't even seen the guitar yet! 10% Strat alteration!

#89216  by chines
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:20 pm
I was at the show Monday night. Bobby played the LP for a majority of the show. JK never picked up the Carvin, PRS all night.