#79377  by Grateful.Ed

I'm thinking of a line 6 MM4, but the reviews don't inspire me. Although Keeley does a mod that apparently helps a lot so I'm looking into this.

Should I just go for a phaser? Are there any pedals combining phaser and flanger?

BTW-something readily available. Any thoughts appreciated.
 #79380  by mijknahs

Which "Bobby tone"? I've been listening to some early 70's lately ('70 - '71) and Bobby has that warm, clean 335 tone (or whatever guitar it is - maybe an SG) and Jerry has the fat Gibson tone. Dig it.

I love the late 70's to mid 80's flanger Bobby tone too. I stopped liking his tone from '85 on. Just sounded like crap to me. More distorted and just bad tone.
 #79394  by strumminsix

Maxon PH-350 would be my - "you have to sound like Bobby but can only bring 1 pedal and a tuner" choice.

There are some flanger pedals that could work nicely but I've got no experience in flanger pedals....

Another pedal option would be an EQ and guitar mod. Get yourself a toggle to toss your pickups out of phase.
It sounds filtered and quieter so you'll need something to boost your signal and maybe a low-mids boost too.