rukind.com

Grateful Dead Music Forum

A place to talk about the music of the Grateful Dead 

#150347  by Recycledsole
 Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:42 am
Recently pikced up a jc-90 with broken reverb. I tried multiple foot switches (boss and peavy) and it didnt activate it. Does it require a specific foot switch to activate or is the problem elsewhere. Tested the black and red wires coming from the reverb unit and the black makes loud noise when touched and the red doesnt. Any idea what is wrong and how much it would cost to fix?
THANKS!
 #150349  by PaulJay
 Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:38 pm
Do you have another amp that has a reverb tank you could plug your amp into? also check the connections going from the tank into you amp. If it's internaI I don't think it'll cost much to fix. Good luck
 #150353  by waldo041
 Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:32 pm
Not trying to hijack this thread but it should probably be located in the "Amp" discussion.

Yes, the transducer wire Mike, I mean "Ace" is talking about is located inside the Reverb tank. I would be either on the input or output. If you have a DMM you can measure the dc resistance on each of the rca jacks, if you get no reading from either one or both then one of the wires is probably broke off or worse the transducer coil winding itself may be broken or fried.

~waldo