#139168  by Deadhead85

I was wondering if anyone here as any experience or input on the Furman RV-1 analog spring reverb unit that Bobby used in the early 80s? Ive started to look into them, they get great reviews. I can't find any demo videos on youtube though. Its something I may consider getting sometime down the road. Any input would be great!
 #139172  by tatittle

Havent tried it, but I have an old Fostex spring reverb rack unit that sounds pretty good, noisy by todays standards of course. I only use it at home because its not mounted. They can be had for cheap--I wouldn't spend too much money on an older unit, although I am curious how the expensive modern versions compare (Demeter etc.).
 #139191  by zambiland

Deadhead85 wrote:I was wondering if anyone here as any experience or input on the Furman RV-1 analog spring reverb unit that Bobby used in the early 80s? Ive started to look into them, they get great reviews. I can't find any demo videos on youtube though. Its something I may consider getting sometime down the road. Any input would be great!
I had one for a while in the 80s. It didn't do much for me. Current digital reverbs are a lot more versatile and sound better to my ears. If you go with the computer route, PSP Audioware makes a great spring reverb emulation plugin that is quite reasonable.

YMMV.